Hello everyone, I hope you all had a happy and safe Sunday.
Our writers here at Seoulbeats put out some wonderful work, and we are proud to showcase it in our in-house publication, Highlights. Our latest edition presents the pick of the crop from April, May, and June this year, in this beautiful magazine put together by our amazing Editor-in-Chief, Leslie.
Our cover story is this year’s Mid-year Review, with excerpts from our discussion on the top debuts, comebacks, MVs, albums, dances, dramas, and indie artists of the year — so far. Also included are some Highlights-exclusive content, like Johnelle‘s 5 Things and news wrap-up Season in Review. And your thoughts may even be featured in our Community Correspondence!
Another feature to be included is a selection of reviews from the site, the full versions of which can be found below:
- Sistar Displays Anguish and Strength in “I Like That” by Lo
- Begging for Mercy in Younha, Ha:tfelt & Cheetah’s “Get It?” by Chelsea
- Jessica Jung Expresses Her Freedom in “Fly” by Willis
- Luna Makes an Electric Debut with “Free Somebody” by Chelsea
- Exo Upgrades Their Mood and Sound with “Ex’act” by Madi
- Monsta X Delves into Obsession with ‘The Clan Pt 1: Lost’ by Camiele
- Woohyun Strengthens his Ballad Niche with ‘Write..’ by Qing
- Crush Cracks His Heart Wide Open with ‘Interlude’ by Gwen (Guest Writer)
- I.O.I Hopes for a Beautiful Debut with ‘Chrysalis’ by Pat
- Descendants of the Sun by Erianne
- Vampire Detective by Sarah
- Come Back, Mister by Sydney
- Page Turner by Sonya
- Marriage Contract by Vya
Readers, what are your thoughts on this issue of Highlights? Let us know in the comments!