For fans of the recently successful idol Kdrama Dream High, this news will either be a dream come true or an absolute nightmare.
It has been confirmed by KBS– THERE WILL BE A SECOND SEASON.
I’ll just give you a moment to let that news sink in.
Ok, how are we feeling? So excited you want to throw up or so scared you are shaking with chills/anger?
The details are still up in the air– will they be casting more idols and/ or auditioning talented newbies, as well as when the drama will most likely air, being the top questions at the moment. I loved Dream High, and all the cast will forever have a place in my Kdrama-addled heart, but I think a second season can only improve on the first. Dream High wasn’t about the idol cast members, or the star cameos, or even the song and dance numbers (although all these elements combined made the show particularly good for me); it was about the blood, sweat, and tears, the difficult trials and the personal successes and growth, of young people with dreams of becoming stars, and you can DEFINITELY count me in on some more of that.
Although it will be tough to top the first season, here are some story ideas that I think KBS should consider:
1) A post-high school aged character who never graduated from HS, deciding to audition for the amazing arts school that is Kirin, and getting accepted. (Imagine: Jin Man actually being allowed to participate the way he always wanted to!! LOL)
2) SIBLING RIVALRY. (Just think: If Baek Hee and Hye Mi had been sisters and were catty and competitive ALL THE TIME at home, etc.)
3) The return of Pil-Sook and Jason please. PRETTY PLEASE??!!! I heart them. Plus, Wooyoung and IU have amazing voices. MOAR please.
4) On-stage wars with students from a competing arts school. (And then, a potential romance between school rivals, natch.)
5) A teen pregnancy story? Either an idolette gets knocked up or has a pregnancy scare, or a student is a teen mom? (Sorry- I’ve been seeing too many ads for “Teen Mom,” “16 and Pregnant,” and “The Secret Life of the American Teenager” as of late.)