Hi everyone! Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- Super Junior‘s Kangin was reported to have drunkenly assaulted his girlfriend in a Seoul room salon. While she has refused to press any charges against him, this is not the first time Kangin has proved himself to be a danger under the influence of alcohol.
- Apparently, A Pink received another bomb threat during the 2017 Asia Artist Awards (AAA). It’s believed to be from the same man who had previously sent other bomb threats.
- MBC‘s strike has finally ended! With the dismissal of the MBC’s President, the strike has come to a close. Shows such as Music Core and Infinity Challenge are set to return soon. Meanwhile, KBS is still going strong with their strike. Episodes of The Return of Superman, Happy Together and 2 Days 1 Night are being replaced with other shows or special episodes.
- Due to the earthquake in Pohang on November 15, the Suneung — or college entrance examination — has been postponed by a week. This is the first time in the history of the exam that the test has been re-scheduled.
- The new test date also meant that many high school seniors would spend the weekend studying, and that some would be unable to attend the November 18 and 19 VIXX LR concerts. In light of this, Jellyfish Entertainment announced that they would allow high school seniors to claim full refunds for their tickets, as long as they submit their exam admission receipts.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Check out the playlist above for the full compilation of this week’s debuts and comebacks!
- Wanna One look “Beautiful” in their new music video. Take a look at our album review of Wanna One’s new album!
- Does Red Velvet‘s “Peek-A-Boo” make you want to groove, too?
- Lovelyz will have you falling in love with their cute track, “Twinkle“!
- Another cute and light-hearted comeback is from Samuel Kim, who sings about “Candy“.
- Kim Dongwan shows off his soothing vocals in “After Image“.
- Swings‘ new track makes you want to “Clock Out” and chill.
- Fly To The Sky‘s balladic skills in “Your Season” are amazing.
- So-you and Sung Si-kyung released a soothing ballad duet, “I Still“, too.
- Ailee also teamed up with Juncoco and Advanced to bring up the “Atmosphere” for SM Station.
- Adding to the list of collaborations, Nell and Groovyroom released “Today“.
Teasers & Announcements
- KARD have dropped a trailer for their upcoming music video, “You In Me“, to be released on November 21. Who else can’t wait to see their music video?
- BTS have also dropped a teaser for the music video of “Mic Drop (Steve Aoki Remix)” featuring Steve Aoki himself. It’s set to be released on November 24.
- Honeyst tease their second single, “Someone to Love“, with a short, quirky teaser. They released an acoustic highlight medley of the single, too.
- Huh-gak will be releasing a digital single on November 27.
- Exo has released their first teaser for their first full Japanese album, to be released on January 24 next year. Member Suho will also play the male lead in a remake of the Japanese series Rich Man, Poor Man.
- SM Entertainment announced that Taeyeon will be holding a special Christmas event! She also is currently in the process of recording a Christmas album.
- JYJ‘s Junsu and Im Chang Jung will be releasing a duet sometime in December as well, though the exact date is unconfirmed.
- Oh My Girl have postponed their November comeback to next January in order to produce a more complete album, in the words of WM Entertainment.
- tvN‘s educational variety show, My English Growth, has confirmed its cast — it consists of SNSD’s Hyoyeon, Wheesung, Jung Si Ah, Ji Sang Ryul, Hwang Shin Hye, and Han Hyun Min. The broadcast date of the first episode is set for December 4.
- It seems like this is the week for company changes:
- Jo Kwon has changed his agencies and has joined Cube Entertainment. Check out our article for more details.
- Seo Hyun-jin will be leaving Jump Entertainment and become a free agent.
- Park Min-young is also likely to become a free agent once she leaves her company, Culture Depot.
- Rising star, Kim Min-seok, is leaving Woolim Entertainment.
- Gary and his wife just welcomed their first child. A heartfelt congratulations to the family!
- The AAA have just ended — congratulations to all the award-winners as well!
- JTBC has confirmed that celebrity chef Gordon Ramsey will make a guest appearance on Please Take Care of my Refrigerator. Who’s excited for this?
- Other than the Ellen DeGeneres Show and Jimmy Kimmel Live!, BTS have been confirmed to appear on The Late Late Show With James Corden. Good luck to them for their performance at the American Music Awards!