Hello everyone, and welcome back to SB Week in Review! Here’s your K-pop news:
- Laboum has become the latest group to be swamped by sajaegi accusations; Music Bank stood by the veracity of the results that saw Laboum win the trophy over IU last week. Said results are claimed to be the result of a promotion in conjunction with food company Sinjeon, which sold copies of Laboum’s mini with 2,500 won deokbokki vouchers inside.
- K.A.R.D kicked of their fanmeet tour this week, and things quickly plunged into chaos after J.seph and Jiwoo were accused of saying the N-word while performing a cover of Rihanna‘s “Bitch Better Have My Money.” Their tour manager was quick to clear things up, posting to Reddit the AR of the members substituting the word for “Hitter/Hitta.”
- Fans were excited when Park Bom tweeted about now being under YG boutique label The Black Label. However, YGE denied the news and the tweet is now deleted, so I guess we’re back to waiting.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Hyuna‘s new unit Triple H picked up where Trouble Maker left off in “365 Fresh.” Warning: the MV contains depictions of sexual and physical assault, as well as suicide. We’ve made it the last video of this week’s playlist (above), so if you’re not feeling like watching it you can still check out the rest of the week’s new music without worrying about waiting to skip the track.
- Ladies’ Code‘s Sojung released solo single “Better Than Me.” Loona‘s Hyunjin stars in the MV.
- Lovelyz are back with the repackage for R U Ready?
- WJSN‘s Exy and fellow Unpretty Rapstar alumna/former The Ark member Euna Kim teamed up with singer Zia for “Love Therapy.”
- Find out if love blossoms for VAV in their new MV for “Flower.”
- Stella Jang released the MV for “Vanishing Paycheck.”
- Dash flew to Prague for “Up Down.”
- Highlight‘s Junhyung recieved an assist from Heize for his latest solo single, “Wonder If.”
- This week’s Station release is “Lullabye,” courtesy of Onew and Rocoberry.
- Why is Exo-CBX releasing music in Japan? The title of their new single, “Ka-ching!” may help explain it.
- Got7 also released “Swagger” in Japan.
Teasers & Announcements
- The monthly Day6 releases continue with “Dance Dance” on the 8th.
- Psy will be dropping his new album, 4×2=8, on the 10th.
- The Unnies are back, as the season 2 cast of Sisters’ Slam Dunk prepare to promote “Right?” from the 12th.
- On the 15th:
- Twice are giving me Ravenclaw vibes with “Signal.” But really, the preppy supernatural concept will be exciting to see!
- Vixx will return with a new mini album.
- This is your regular reminder that new iKon music is on its way.
- It’s almost summer, which means: Sistar are on their way with new music!
- Kcon NY has added KNK, NCT 127, and Zion.T to its lineup this year!
- The brother of Pristin‘s Kyla took to Twitter to defend his little sis after seeing fatshaming comments being made about her online.
- Actors Lee Dong-gun and Jo Yoon-hee announced that they are now legally married and expecting a child together. The pair met while filming 2016 drama Laurel Tree Tailors, and confirmed their relationship two months ago. The quick succession of events, from Lee’s December split from T-ara‘s Jiyeon, has led to rumours of cheating and a shotgun wedding; but whatever the facts, congratulations are still in order for the soon-to-be family!
- Actors Oh Yeon-seo and Kim Min-seok were linked to one another, but quickly denied any dating rumours.
(Ilgan Sports, Korea Herald, Osen, Reddit, Twitter, Xsportsnews, Yonhap. Images via: JYP Ent., DSP Media, Jellyfish Ent., Pledis Ent.)