Hello, and welcome back to another SB Week in Review double update! A lot has happened these past couple weeks, so without further ado, here’s all the news you might have missed!
- Rapper Iron was arrested along with nine others in connection with a marijuana bust in Seoul. He later released a statement,confirming the charges and apologizing for his actions.
- JYP has taken legal actions against 38 netizens who said malicious things about Suzy and Lee Minho. Yubin (Wonder Girls) also officially filed suit against her own mallicious commenters on March 29.
- Gagman Jang Dong-min and tvN are facing legal charges from a single parent activist group following an offensive sketch on Comedy Big League.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Spring love blossomed in BtoB‘s “Remember That” MV.
- K-pop Star 3 contestant, Sam Kim debuted with his first album, My Name is Sam. How do you feel about “Mama, Don’t Worry“?
- Day6 released their sophomore effort, Daydreaming. Heads up, “Letting Go” is one of the most bittersweet releases this year, get ready for feels.
- Secret‘s Hyoseong was stunning as ever in the MV for “Find Me.” Her second mini, Colored, dropped on the 28th.
- Oh My Girl turned up the cute for “Liar Liar,” and their new mini, Pink Ocean.
- 10CM released the seasonally appropriate melody, “What the Spring?”
- Homme returned with “Come to Me.”
- Boys Republic want you to “Get Down.”
- As part of JYP‘s new duet series, Hyerim (Wonder Girls) and Bernard Park teamed up for the sweet Spring release, “With You.”
- CN Blue jazzed things up with “You’re so Fine” and their new mini album, Blueming.
- Produce 101‘s final line-up, IOI, released their pre-debut track “Crush.” The rookie group’s first mini album can be expected some time in May.
- In collaboration with LG, Mamamoo dropped an MV for the special track, “Woo Hoo.”
- Laboum rewarded fan’s efforts towards their crowd-funded comeback with the MV for “Fresh Adventure.”
- Exo‘s Chen and rapper Heize teamed up for the next SM Station installment, “Lil Something.” Which Exo rap/vocal collab have you preferred: Xuimin and Jimin, or Chen and Heize?
Teasers & Announcements
- In some form of atonement for enraging viewers, Cheese in the Trap is now being made into a film. What are the chances of it disappointing twice?
- Heechul and Mamamoo‘s Whee-in will soon release a special duet, written by TRAX member, Jungmo.
- JYJ‘s Junsu will be back this May with his fourth solo, full length album.
- SM Entertainment is all set to glocalize with the debut of NCT U (Neo Culture Technology) on April 9. Are we ready for a whole new wave of SM boy group debut insanity? Have the member, image teasers piqued your interest in the new group? The MV for their debut track “Without You” drops this weekend.
- Lovelyz will return this month with their second mini album. So far only one teaser has been released, but it looks like we can expect a fresh, Spring-y concept from the group.
- Fellow rookie girl-group, April will also be back on the 27th.
- Following the pre-release track, “A Few Years Later,” Block B have kicked up their teasing a notch. Will fans survive until April 11th when Blooming Period finally drops?
- Those who felt that the Seoulite mini last month was not enough, rejoice! Lee Hi will be dropping the second half of Seoulite on April 20.
- Fellow YG act, Akdong Musucian will also escape the YG basement to release their second album on May 2.
- UP10TION continue to churn out teasers for “Spotlight,” due out on April 18.
- Get ready for Twice‘s sophomore effort: “Cheer Up” on April 25!
- Alongside his rookie girl group, Park Jin-young is also coming back this month, and he’s bringing the plastic pants with him. Thankfully though, he made the switch to boxers. Check out the nostalgic teaser images and MV teaser for “Still Alive.”
- History’s gearing up to return with “Queen.”
- Casting updates for the week: Ji Soo will star alongside Park Shin-hye in Doctors, T.O.P. will be acting in the Chinese movie Out of Control, Eric Nam and Solar (Mamamoo) are getting fake-married for WGM, Yuri (SNSD) and Kim Young-kwang will star in Gogh, the Starry Night web drama, and Taecyeon (2PM) and Song Ha-yoon will appear in the hopefully re-named web drama I’m Going to Touch You.
- In addition to casting news, many upcoming dramas released cast stills this week, featuring some of our favorite idols in period clothing: Hwarang: the Beginning with Minho (Shinee) and V (BTS), Scarlet Heart: Goryo with Baekhyun (Exo), and Master: God of Noodles with Baro (B1A4).
- Brown Eyed Girls’ Jea will be releasing her first solo track in three years, “Bad Girl” on April 15.
- Looks like Infinite‘s Woohyun is prepping for a solo debut some time in May!
- Some foresaw changes coming for the 2NE1 lineup, but few expected Minzy to be the member to withdraw first. This week YG confirmed that Minzy decided to not re-sign her contract with the agency. As the news continues to unfold — not without subtle mudslinging — we’ve also learned that 2NE1 will return as a trio sometime this summer. With her new freedom, Minzy will continue to shop for an agency that appeals more to her. Though it’s sad to see the group begin to part ways, we wish the best of luck to all involved.
- APink‘s Eunji will be making her solo debut on April 18. The first teaser image has also been released. Who’s looking forward to it?
- Congrats to Twice’s Tzuyu, who graduated middle school this week!
- Kaistal is now canon. On April 1st Dispatch released photos of Kai (Exo) and Krystal (f(x)) out on a date in Seoul last winter. Some wondered if it was an April fools prank — horrible timing there, Dispatch — but SM quickly confirmed that the two are in fact an item. Congrats to the couple!
- In other couple news, recently revealed couple, Goo Hye-sun and Ahn Jae-hyun plan to tie the knot next month.
(Naver:              . Nate:       , Osen, Star Daily, TVDaily, Daum. Images via: Marie Claire, SM Entertainment, TS Entertainment, JYP, Dispatch.)