Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- The Me Too movement continues to have an impact on the South Korean entertainment industry. This week it was reported that there will be a new clause in actors’ contracts stating that if an actor is accused of sexual harassment during filming of a drama, the actor will have to pay a penalty and be re-cast.
- Due to mismanagement, Fantagio is no longer part of the The Korea Entertainment Management Association (KEMA). Fantagio is looking into a review of the case, and seeking a new director for the agency. Meanwhile, the actors signed with the agency will still maintain their KEMA membership.
- BTS performed “Fake Love” for the first time at the Billboard Music Awards — though the camera work did prompt some head scratching from fans.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Bolbbalgan4 returned with a certified all-kill and two MVs for “Travel” and “Starlight.” Which of the two is your favorite?
- Moonbyul teamed up with Red Velvet‘s Seulgi for the anthem of self-love, “Selfish.” The MV for “In My Room” was released later in the week to celebrate over 1 million views.
- Former The Ark members Euna Kim and Jeon Minju debuted as Khan with the MV “I’m Your Girl?“
- Jackson (Got7) became a “Fendiman” in a new collaboration MV with the brand Fendi. And yes, he does rap about flip flops.
- B.A.P.‘s Yongguk drank away his pain in the new MV for “Drunkenness.”
- Fast cars and bright colors lit up the MV for 24K‘s “Bonnie N Clyde.”
- Sung Si-kyung serenaded in “Eternally.”
- Boyfriend celebrated their seventh anniversary with the fan song, “Sunshower.”
- The East Light experienced “Love Flutters” in a quirky new MV.
- Victon took a look back in “Time of Sorrow.”
- EXID‘s 3rd Re-Flower release was “How Why.“
- Teen Top‘s C.A.P. dropped his own trippy solo MV, “For.”
Teasers & Announcements
- Shinee is [almost] back! The first episode of their three-part The Story of Light comeback will be released on May 28. What do you think of the teasers for “Good Evening“?
- Yubin revealed the tracklist and concept teasers for her solo debut album, City Woman.
- fromis.9 have begun to reveal teasers for their second mini album, To.Day.
- A.C.E.‘s Adventures in Wonderland is due on June 7.
- BtoB‘s 11th mini album This is Us will drop on June 11.
- 2PM is launching their own behind the scenes video series, O2.
- Another YG artist has jumped ship. This week YG confirmed that K-pop Star 4 singer Katie Kim has left the agency and will debut under a newly established label.
- Seo In-guk and Park Bo-ram ended their two year relationship.
- In addition to Boyfriend, groups VIXX and Shinee also celebrated debut anniversaries this week. Check out our celebratory Side B’s for both groups.
- Big Bang‘s Daesung was hospitalized for laryngitis this week. He was discharged and will return to army service.