Welcome back to this installment of Seoulbeats’ Week in Review! Here are some of the happenings this week that you may have missed:
- Actress Chun Yi-seul won the litigation against her former label and a plastic surgery clinic whom she sued for using her images without permission and illegally advertising them.
- The JYJ Law, a bill proposed by New Politics Alliance for Democracy member Choi Min-hee to ban broadcast companies’ actions of prohibiting the appearance of artists without justifiable reason, failed to pass.
- Model-actress Jung In-ah passed away on June 16th from a skydiving accident.
- In a somewhat silly move, the Korean government promises to compensate tourists if they catch MERS while on vacation in the country.
COMEBACKS AND DEBUTS
- Power couple Tiger JK and Yoon Mi-rae dropped a single titled “Forever”, dedicated to their fans.
- Kim Tae-woo dropped his comeback MV for one of his two title tracks “Lonely Funk”, featuring Jay Park.
- 2Bic released a laidback summer jam, simply titled “It’s Summer”.
- Bumkey is back with another smooth track titled “My Everything”.
- Our resident beast-dols 2pm has returned with their title track “My House”, as well as their full-length album No. 5.
- Kara‘s Gyuri partnered with indie group From The Airport for “The Little Prince”.
- Secret‘s Jieun and Untouchable‘s Sleepy collaborated for a sweet-sounding “Cool Night”.
- Superstar K contestant Hong Dae-kwang drops the MV for “With You”, featuring Spica‘s Jiwon.
- Mamamoo makes a comeback with “Um Oh Ah Yeh” with their creative cross-dressing MV.
TEASERS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Veteran singer Chae-yeon signalled her impending comeback on June 26th, with the release of her first teaser for “A Video Even If I Don’t See It“.
- SNSD has been confirmed to star in their own variety show on cable channel OnStyle, in line with their comeback slated for July. 4Minute has released a preview for their variety show 4Minute Video, starting on July 6th.
- Sistar will be releasing “Shake It” on June 22nd, and has promised us a very sweaty and summery concept.
- Teen Top released an MV Teaser for “Ah-ah”, as well as the album preview for Natural Born.
- AOA sets hearts on fire with a sporty teaser for “Heart Attack”, along with the highlight medley for their album. They will be going head to head with Sistar on June 22nd.
- A Pink has released their first teaser image for their July comeback.
- Nine Muses continue to drop teaser images for their July 2nd comeback, featuring title track “Hurt” as part of their 9muses S/S Edition.
- BTOB will be joining the comeback frenzy on June 29th, and has released their tracklist for Complete.
- BTS is slowly teasing fans by releasing the members one at a time into the “Sick” elevator. Um… is there still space for Jimin?
- 4TEN has set a summer comeback date for early July.
- New girl group LoveUs has dropped their MV teaser for their debut “Tickle”.
- U-Kiss leader Soohyun has a Japanese solo debut set for August.
- Who Are You – School 2015 wrapped up its run this past week, finally putting an end to some intense fan wars. New detective-romance drama I Remember You, starring Seo In-guk and Jang Nara, has released a rather lengthy preview to entice us to tune in on June 22nd.
- For fans weeping over Yunho‘s impending military enlistment, his web drama I Order You, co-starring Kim Ga-eun and airing on July 6th, might serve as some comfort.
- Check out the teasers for 2NE1‘s Dara and Winner‘s Seung-yeon, in anticipation for the release of their web drama We Broke Up, to premier on June 29th.
- Popular webtoon-turned-drama Cheese In The Trap has been picked up by tvN, and will be directed by Lee Yoon-jung, of Coffee Prince fame.
- As two couples leave the WGM, the upcoming episode will feature the new couples — Kang Ye-won & Oh Min-suk, and BTOB‘s Sungjae & Red Velvet‘s Joy.
- Yoon Sang-hyun and Maybee will be expecting an addition to their family at the end of the year. Kim Tae-woo also revealed at his comeback showcase for T-Road that his family will be expecting a baby boy. Congratulations!
- More baby news — star couple Lee Bo-young and Ji Sung are proud parents of a baby girl!
- Lee Jun-ki and Jeon Hye-bin were rumoured to be in a relationship, but their agency Namoo Actors immediately came out to squash the rumours.
- Royal Pirates‘ James injured his wrist when a restaurant door crashed down on him, and all schedules have been postponed for the group.
- On June 17th, CL and Yoon Do-hyun graced the Dodgers Stadium in LA with their first pitches for the game between the LA Dodgers and Texas Rangers.
- G-Dragon appeared on jTBC’s Newsroom and honestly stated that composing their own music (which was popular with the public) was what set Big Bang apart from Exo and Shinee. Points for telling the truth as it is? In related news, the group will be making their way to America in October for their MADE World Tour.