Here’s your recap of some of the top stories and events from the last full week in K-pop 2013.
- Actors Choi Won-young (Chan-young‘s dad in Heirs) and Shim Yi-young (the aunt in Suspicious Housekeeper) who played a married couple this year in A Hundred Year’s Inheritance will be making their fictional nuptials a reality. It was revealed that the two began dating after filming for A Hundred Year’s Inheritance and then it was announced that they were engaged and would be married in the first half of 2014. (StyleM)
- Big Bang‘s Seungri was involved in a minor car accident in China. A sasaeng fan following after Seungri accidentally rear ended Seungri’s staff car in front of it which in turn rear ended the car that Seungri was in. No one was hurt in the accident. (ChosunIlbo)
- Actor Park Si-hoo, who was cleared of rape charges earlier this year, will resume acting in the upcoming Chinese movie Fragrance for which he already travelled to China for. (MyDaily)
- Actress/comedienne Song In-hwa, who played Choi Jin-hyuk‘s little sister in Panda and Hedgehog, was sentenced to six months in prison and a two year suspended sentence for two counts of marijuana use. Her older sister was also sentenced for marijuana use, but got a harsher sentence of two years in prison and a three year suspended sentence. (fnnews)
- Ah-young‘s toenail didn’t make it, but she’s doing fine. The member of Dal Shabet fell off the stage at a recent concert while trying to exit and hurt her toenail. She received treatment at a hospital and will still be able to participate in the group’s January comeback. (enews24)
- BTS‘ Suga wasn’t able to attend the year end gayos due to complications after his recent appendectomy. The area where he received the surgery hadn’t healed completely and had to be readmitted to the hospital due to inflammation of the surgical site. (fnnews)
- Kim Bum-soo collaborated with producer Don Spike for t,he song “Higher” which is the theme song for Hong Myung-bo’s charity soccer match ‘Share the Dream Football Match 2013’ which will be on December 29th at the Jamsil arena which will benefit Childhood Cancer treatments, Park Sae-byul released “I’ll Sing” featuring Christian Kim, Hoonyhoon released “센척하지마,” the Heart Rabbit Girls released a cute animated MV for the song “Ang,” truelove released the MV for “First Love” featuring Dia, Boys Republic released a fan appreciation MV for “L.I.U.,” MBLAQ‘s Mir released a surprise single “Come On,” and Swings released the MV for the heavily equipped “Bulldozer.”
- Vibe released the song “Heaven” featuring Lee Young-hyun, Shin Yong-jae of 4Men, Lim Se-jun, and Won-ji of Bella4.
- Ali and Yim Jae-beum released the MV for their duet “I Love You.”
- Son Dam-bi made a comeback by burning the “Red Candle.”
- M.C. the Max released the teaser for “We, In The Past” Kim So-jung released a teaser for “You, Then You” and OH!nle released a teaser for “!.”
- Sung Kyun-kim and Dohee sang “Destiny” for the OST of Reply 1994 and Lyn released “Destiny” for the You From Another Star OST.
- It was a sad week for Reply 1994 as the drama ended and depending on what team you were on–Trash or Chilbongie it might have been even sadder. Stepping up to the plate this week for the tvN‘s Friday/Saturday K-drama slot will be ER Man and Woman starring Choi Jin-hyuk and Song Ji-hyo although it isn’t slated to debut until January 24th.
- Joo Won and f(x)‘s maknae Sulli have been confirmed as the leads in the upcoming film Fashion King which will be based on the popular webtoon of the same name. The film will begin filming in January and is scheduled for release in the summer. (MoneyToday)
- Sad news for Shinhwa fans, it was reported that Shinhwa Broadcast has been cancelled. The departure of Kim Dong-wan due to his acting schedule and Andy due to his gambling scandal seemed to be the straws that killed the Shinhwa Broadcast‘s back. The last episode will air on January 19th. (bntNews)
- Taemin and Na-eun will be leaving We Got Married a few months short of one year. The youngest couple ever to be on the show lasted 8 months. The date of their last episode has not been decided upon yet as they do still have footage shot that hasn’t been aired yet. (enews24)
- Exo‘s Tao was offered a spot on the cast of a possible new variety show, Kim Byung-man’s Shaolin Clenched Fist. The pilot of the show will supposedly film in China later this week with gag man Kim Byung-man taking along a few ‘friends.’ Recent reports have said that Tao will not be joining the show due to Exo’s busy schedule. (MyDaily)