Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review. Here’s all the news you might have missed this week:
- Film Director Leesong Hee-il was accused of sexually harassing another director at Indieforum, an independent short-film festival. After the victim went public with his allegations, Indieforum‘s committee put together an independent team to solve the issue. The openly-gay director has personally apologised to the victim, though it came with the excuse of him being drunk, as well as thinking that the victim was gay.
- Cjamm will be going to trial for his drug usage. The rapper will be held under detention for the duration of the trial. From February 2017 to April 28, he allegedly purchased a total of 112 grams of marijuana across 10 different instances, with some free ecstasy given to him. A majority of his instances of marijuana use, along with any ecstasy intake, could not be proven. Cjamm will be on trial for the remaining instances of marijuana use. The rapper claims the drugs helped his creative process while writing music.
- Following TST‘s Kyeongha‘s controversy, JSL Company has confirmed that he would be leaving the group to prevent any further damage to them.
- Once Picture Studio has sued Suzy, and two other netizens, for her post supporting the petition against Yang Ye-won‘s sexual harassment. JYP Entertainment claims they have yet to receive the suit. The studio claims to have faced losses in their business and received heavy criticism after mistakenly being named as the studio involved in the controversy, exacerbated by Suzy’s public post. Although Suzy has apologised to the studio, the latter is not satisfied.
- About a month after the inter-Korea summit, US President Trump and North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un recently met in Singapore. Though there weren’t many points of discussion, both leaders seem amicable and willing to improve future relations.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Check out our playlist above for a compilation of all the releases this week!
- The members of SHINee claim “I Want You” for The Story of Light: Ep. 2
- Black Pink dropped their much-awaited mini-album, Square Up, with “Ddu-du Ddu-du” as their title track.
- JBJ‘s Longguo expresses gratitude to his fans for being his lucky “Clover” in solo debut.
- Woo Jinyoung and Kim Hyunsoo are “Falling in Love” with Dreamcatcher‘s Yoohyeon in their music video.
- Pentagon‘s Hui sings “Maybe” as part of About Time‘s OST.
- Jay Park and 2 Chainz get lit off the “Soju” in Jay Park’s first english-track after signing with Roc Nation. Although the track was released a month ago, the artist only dropped the video recently.
- Simon Dominic surprised his fans with an album after three years. Though DarkRoom: Roommates Only doesn’t have a music video (yet), AOMG released a behind-the-scenes video for “Demolition Man“, one of the songs from the album.
Teasers & Announcements
- SNSD‘s Taeyeon will be making a solo comeback with Something New, a six-track mini-album, on June 18. However, she won’t be having any promotions for the title track, an urban-pop song of the neo-soul genre with the same name.
- Nu’est W has released a prologue clip ahead of their album release on June 25.
- DAY6 will be returning with their newest album, Shoot Me: Youth Part 1, on June 26.
- Elris will be making a comeback with their third mini-album, Summer Dream, on June 28.
- UNB will also be coming back on June 28 with “Black Heart”.
- Block B‘s Park Kyung will make a solo debut in June with self-produced tracks.
- Melomance will return with a five-track mini-album, The Fairy Tale, on July 3.
- A Pink will be returning with a girl-crush concept in the first week of July.
- KARD will reportedly comeback with a mini-album in end-July.
- Tiffany will be dropping a solo album, Over My Skin, on sometime this summer. The singer has also signed on with Paradigm Talent Agency.
- Nine Muses‘ Kyungri will make her solo debut in July as well, though the exact date remains unknown.
- BTS returned to The Late Late Show with James Corden for a performance of “Fake Love“.
- TVXQ recently concluded their Begin Again tour on June 11 with a three-day concert at Nissan Stadium, being the only foreign artist to perform at Nissan for the second time, along with being the only artist to hold a three-day concert at the venue.
- Jaejoong finally had a chance to perform on live TV at Japan’s Music Station with “Sign” after almost a decade.
- Kahi gave birth to her second son, Yang Shi-on. Hearty congratulations to her!
(YouTube    . Naver:                , Nate: , Twitter:   , Osen, New York Times. Images Via: Pledis Entertainment, SM Entertainment.)