Welcome back to another edition of Week in Review — here’s your news:
- South Korea experienced its largest earthquake on record on the 12th local time. While there was some concern regarding the nation’s nuclear reactors, the 5.1 and 5.8-scale tremors did not cause much large-scale damage.
- Actor Ji-soo was rushed to hospital and underwent surgery for acute osteomyelitis. The actor is reportedly recovering well.
- In a series of now-deleted tweets, Kidoh attempted to defend his rapey lyrics in his feature on Iron‘s “Roll,” claiming that it’s actually about a BDSM-type relationship akin to 50 Shades of Grey. Gross.
- Exo‘s D.O is the latest idol to get in trouble with I-fans over shadeism — he, like many others, drew Kai to look black, because his skin is sooooooooo dark you guys.
Debuts & Comebacks
- CL finally had her debut US television performance, on The Late Late Show with James Corden. Despite everyone’s qualms with “Lifted,” she did good!
- 2PM are back with Gentleman’s Game.
- Welcome to Ga-in‘s “Carnival,” She is back with a new mini-album and single!
- Yoon Mi-rae‘s “JamCome On Baby” is my new jam, I love it!
- DIA is back with the much-hyped “Mr. Potter” off new mini Spell. They also released a special song for fans, “The Love.”
- “Time Travel” with Beenzino.
- And Produce 101‘s Kim Ju-na has made her debut with “Summer Dream.”
Teasers & Announcements
- Jung Hyung-don will be returning to Weekly Idol after a hiatus to take care of his mental health. Please remember to take care of yourselves, too, readers!
- Please return to your seats, as there’s some Turbulence up ahead with Got7‘s comeback on the 27th.
- Kwon Jin-ah released the preview for debut album One Strange Night. She is signed to Yoo Hee-yeol‘s agency, Antenna.
- This insta-teaser of Yoo Jae-suk and Exo‘s Station collab is pretty cute.
- Infinite‘s teaser for “The Eye” looks dystopic. Nice.
- BtoB‘s vocal unit, BtoB Blue, will be dropping “Stand By Me” on the 19th.
- Mamamoo is heading to “New York” for their next single.
- YG is making a big deal about Sech Skies and Black Pink filming MVs over the Chuseok holidays.
- A Pink has released the tracklist for Pink Revolution.
- Ladies’ Code, Ye-eun, Girls Girls, Dal Shabet and KNK are just some of the acts preparing comeback.
- BTS are still driving everyone mad with their short film teasers.
- History‘s Kyung-il will be enlisting in the near future.
- And while F.cuz has been our go-to example of how K-pop names getting out of hand, we are still sad to hear of their disbandment.
- A gif of Tzuyu‘s archery-induced hair flip at ISAC has gone viral on Twitter, drawing equal parts admiration from fans and ire from archers who stress the important of tying your hair back. For anyone keeping score, Tzuyu scored 0 for that particular shot.
- It’s been revealed that 2016’s first couple, Hani and Junsu have broken up. We wish each person the best for the future.
- Kim Min-hee and director Hong Sang-soo are either still dating or have ended their affair.
- Meanwhile, iKon celebrated their first anniversary since debut. Congrats!
(Dailymotion, Daum, F.cuz fansite, [Instagram], Instiz, International Business Times, MBN, News1, Reuters, Sports Seoul, Sports Worldi, Star News, Twitter, V App, YG-Life, Yonhap News, YouTube. Images via: Rainbow Bridge, SBS, JYP Ent.)