This week we have a long overdue discussion on what dramas we’re watching these days and a couple of dramas that we never got to talk about around these parts. I’d like everybody to welcome Lisa, who joined me for our discussion this week and will continue to do so in the future!
Without further ado, this week we discussed…
- Did we like Dream High 2? (1:17)
- Flower Boy Band and their riveting cast of characters (20:27)
- The rise of the cable drama (29:34)
- Flower Boy Ramyun Shop, and why it didn’t work for us (33:10)
- Problematic female villains, and examples from Protect the Boss and Hong Sister dramas (41:20)
- Being sympathetic (and not hostile) towards male villains, which segs into our discussion on Athena (46:00)
Download the podcast here.
Congrats to chunface for three weeks running — people, step up your game with your K-pop song listening! Leave us your guesses for this week in the comments section below.
If there’s anything else you would like us to discuss in the future, let us know!
Until next time…