Chat Box is back!
A lot happened while I was away in India, and I attempt to catch up on what I missed most with Leslie and special guest Morgan. Scroll down to listen, and scroll down further for a synopsis!
We begin the episode by walking down memory lane with Morgan as she recounts her tale of K-pop discovery, which involves:
- Proof that K-pop’s US efforts paid off, in a way
- The evils of YouTube‘s “Related Videos” function
- Running the gamut of Girl Groups…
- … Before finally succumbing to the K-pop Boy Band
- And then: Exo
The Exo discussion leads to talk of everyone’s favourite AB Style Kung Fu Panda Tao, who is currently locked in a legal battle with SM to terminate his contract. We discuss:
- When we knew he was leaving for good
- That gorgeous tan skin of his
- His divisive personality, and how it is both good and bad for Tao
- The struggles he faces going solo
- That Sina interview
- His new music!
- Her recent comeback with “Roll Deep” and A+
- Our thoughts on her career progression
- Why I love her collabs with female rappers so much
- How 4Minute has progressed in the meantime
- The possibility that we have now become comfortable with Hyuna and her brand. The two articles Leslie refers to can be found here and here.
… Or, we try to at least. In between, we go off on a variety of tangents, including:
- Which BtoB member to check for (Sungjae, duh)
- We Got Married
- Red Velvet
- Introducing our loved ones to K-pop
- And much, much more!
(Images via: Huang Z. Tao Studio, InStyle)