Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review. Here’s all the news you might have missed this week:
- BTS and Black Pink took home awards at the 2018 MTV Video Music Awards Japan, with the boy group’s “Fake Love” winning Best Group Video and the girl group’s “Ddu-Du Ddu-Du” winning Best Dance Video.
- BTS will also be making an appearance on America’s Got Talent in the coming week, on Sep 12.
- Jonghyun‘s family has set up the Shiny Foundation. This foundation is focused to help young cultural artists who have little financial aid by partnering with high schools to provide more opportunities for scholarships. It’s main goal, however, is to provide a consultation center for artists who are forced to hide their struggles in the public eye. They’ve also set up a YouTube page.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Check out our playlist above for the compilation of all the releases this week!
- Got7‘s Bambam showed off his solo track, “Party” for the group’s upcoming album, Present: You, to be released on Sep 17.
- BTS dropped a second version of “Idol“, this time featuring Nicki Minaj and a compilation of fans dancing to the song.
- SNSD‘s ladies sang about wanting a “Lil’ Touch” with a new unit, Oh!GG.
- Sunmi was an alluring “Siren” in her latest video. Check out our review!
- 2AM‘s Jinwoon sang “All I Need Is You” in retro-inspired MV.
- Infinite‘s Woohyun dropped his second solo album, Second Write, with the title track: “If You Don’t Mind“.
- Spectrum released a beautiful ballad, “Dear My“, which was their final song with Kim Dongyoon following his passing. The late rapper participated in writing the lyrics for the song.
- Jimin Park didn’t want to be fooled in “April Fools (0401)“, for her album jiminxjamie.
- 100% put all of their “Heart” into their latest music video for Sunshine.
- Nam Taehyun shines in solo debut music video for “Star“.
- Blanc7 claimed love is like a “Drama” in latest music video.
- GWSN debuted with a mystical music video for “Puzzle Moon“.
Teasers & Announcements
- Oh My Girl dropped their first video teaser for “Remember Me“, set to release on Sep 10.
- Shinee will be releasing ‘The Story of Light’ Epilogue on Sep 10. Along with a new song titled “Countless”, this album will be a compilation of their three-part release over the course of this year.
- Pentagon has released a preview of all their songs on Thumbs Up, their mini-album to be released on Sep 10.
- Hyomin will be making a solo comeback with “Mango” on Sep 12.
- Uni.t, formed during KBS‘ The Unit, will release their second and last mini-album, A Beginning with a Known End, on Sep 18.
- Dreamcatcher will be returning with their third mini-album, Alone in the City, on Sep 20.
- Dua Lipa has teased a collaborative track with Black Pink, for her October 19 album.
- Dia will be making a comeback in November, though other details remain unknown.
- Shinee’s Key teased his talk show, Cheongdam Key-chen, where he will talk to various guests and cook food tailored to their preferences. The first episode will air on KakaoTV on Sep 6, after which the series will air weekly on JTBC starting Sep 13.