Welcome to a special edition of Seoulbeats Chat Box where we will be covering the ins and outs of this year’s KCON LA. I’ll be substituting for Gaya as your host and with me are Willis, Lo, Lorenza, and Sarah. We will be talking exclusively about the happenings at the convention. However, you can read our coverage of both nights of the concert here.
KCON LA is the biggest KCON of them all and, likewise, we brought a big group of staff to cover the event. Together, we attended many of the panels, had some close encounters with some of your faves, and generally had a lot of fun exploring different facets of the convention. Check out a detailed synopsis below.
- Willis glosses over being up close to Twice
- Lorenza and Sarah spots Amber and Eric Nam on the convention floor
- Waiting in the parking lot for idols to drive by and not greet us, except for Monsta X
- Lo meets Dramaworld actor Sean Dulake and producer Sebastian Lee
- Lo on being a panelist on the Evolution of Korean Dramas panel
Panels (16 minute mark)
- From K-pop fan to K-pop Professional
- Uncovering Korean Indie Music
- Oppa/Unnie Debate
- Cross Cultural Clashes in Hallyu
- Asian American in Hollywood
- Rap Survival Reality Shows
- A bunch of drama panels
- Return of the Secret Life of K-pop Fans over 30
- How K-pop is Created: As Told by a Music Producer
- Death screams on the Convention floor
- Lorenza’s fated meeting with Lindsay during last year’s KCON
- Lindsay cosplays as Hyosung of Secret?
- The birth of AirCon and general shenanigans
Advice for future KCONs and KCON goers (46 minute mark)
- Step it up with the panels
- Merchandise + lower prices = more sales
- Day in a Life of a K-town Cowboy
- Mark being a creeper next to Boys Generally Asian
- Flower Boy Cafe staff drama
Did any of you have similar experiences at KCON? Share some of your favorite stories below!
Brownie points if you can tell us how many times we say the word “condom.”