- It was confirmed this week that female soloist Gummy has left YG Entertainment. Her contract with the company expired earlier this summer and when news of her resigning with the company didn’t immediately surface, it appeared as if she was might be looking for new management. JYJ’s management company C-JeS Entertainment released a statement this week that Gummy had signed a contract with their agency. Gummy is the second former YG Entertainment talent to move to C-JeS this year, earlier actress Kang Hye-jung also signed with C-JeS when her contract was up with YGE. (Sports Donga)
- Former Fly To The Sky member Hwanhee was released from his mandatory military service on October 25th. He served as a Pagonhe Daesang this year was G-Drhe winner of tublic Service officer in Seongdong-gu, Seoul for the past two year and promised fans upon his release that he will be working on his next album while also supporting MYNAME, the band that he helped to form. (Union Press)
- Sweet Sorrow’s Sung Ji-hwan announced that after four years of dating he would be marrying girlfriend singer Oh Ji-eun. The couple will be getting married on January 4, 2014. (The Daily Focus)
- It’s been an eventful year for female duo As One as last week member Crystal announced that she was pregnant last week, and this week Lee Min announced that she will be getting married to her boyfriend of two years on November 29th in Hawaii. (WStarNews)
- The 2013 Stye Icon Awards were held this past week and the Daesang was presented to Big Bang leader G-Dragon.
- At Heo Young-saeng‘s last concert before his enlistment on October 31st, all five members of SS501 reunited–for the first time in three years.
- K-Will finally released the MV for his comeback song “You Don’t Know Love” which stars Exo‘s Chanyeol and model Lee Ho-jung experiencing the growing pains of love.
- Rookie girl group Delight made a comeback with “School Bells Ring Ring Ring,” female trio T.A.P released the song “Oh! Boy” featuring rapper GO:ON, Stardom Entertainment‘s new boy band Topp Dogg made their debut with “Say It” indie band Urban Zakapa made a comeback with “Walk Backwards,” and N-Sonic made a come back with “Run & Run” and legendary ballad singer Shin Seung-hun released a beautiful MV for his latest release, the song “Sorry.”
- Jay Park‘s new label, AOMG (Above Ordinary Music Group) introduced its first artist to debut under the label, Gray through his song “Dangerous” which features Jay Park.
- Kanto, who recently showcased his skills on Show Me The Money 2 and featured on many artists’ songs has finally released his own solo debut with the song “What You Want” featuring Infinite‘s Sung-gyu.
- And Teen Top released a special clip for the song “Lovefool” for fans.
- IU released a performance version MV for her come back song “The Red Shoes,” Superstar K4‘s Yoo Seung-woo released the MV for his song “U Who” featuring San-E–the song was inspired by the scenery in California while he was there for KCON,
- The boys scouts of A-Jax released a humorous teaser for their upcoming song “Snake” which has a cameo by Rainbow‘s Woori, comedian Yoo Se-yoon has released a series of teasers for his second solo digital release “Kka Ttok,” JYJ‘s Jaejoong released a making video of the pre-released”Butterfly” and a tesaser for “Just Another Girl” and 4Minute‘s Hyuna and Beast‘s Hyun-seung will revive their Trouble Maker sub-unit.
- Boyfriend released a short PV for their Christmas singe “Pinky Santa.”
- Congratulations to Epik High who survived ten years together–through high and lows, triumphs and controversy, weddings and child births, military enlistment and cyber witch hunts… may you have many more years together to make the music you, and your fans love.
- The Goddess of Fire Jung-yi ended this week in second place behind the Monday/Tuesday champ The Suspicious Housekeeper. Mirae’s Choice remains in third place. The Heirs‘ ratings have increased with the drama’s return to South Korea, but while it’s closing the gap it still hasn’t been able to overtake first place from Wednesday/Thursday’s first place drama, Secrets.
- Han Chae-young will return to K-dramaland in Jang Geun-suk and IU‘s Pretty Man and Yoon Si-yoon will join the cast of The Prime Minister & I starring Lee Bum-soo and Yoona in a sort-of remake of The Sound of Music. (WowStar, MovieJoy)
- An official MV was released for Roy Kim‘s “Seoul Here” from the Reply 1994 OST, Toyota continues its love affair with a things Lee Min-ho as Aziatix and Jae Chong released “Baby Let’s Go” as part of the K-drama The Heirs‘ OST, also released for The Heirs OST: 2AM‘s Changmin‘s “Moment,” VIXX‘s Ken with “In The Name Of Love” and Park Jung-hyeon‘s remake of Sung Si-kyung‘s “Two People.” The One released “One Thousand Nights’ for the K-drama Basketball OST.
- Who Is Next? Well, the votes are in and the Winner is Team A. It was a YG Family studded event as Daesung and Yoo In-na MC’d and Big Bang, 2NE1, Epik High, Akdong Musician, Lee Hi and Bang Ye-dam all were in attendance. In my opinion both teams were good, but I always thought that Team B was a bit better. The members of Team A: Kang Seung-yoon, Song Min-ho, Kim Jin-woo, Lee Seung-hoon and Nam Tae-hyun will release four original compositions and then open for Big Bang in their Japan Dome tour.