Polls are back! Since it’s our first poll in what seems like forever, we’ve changed things up a bit to make it a little more interesting. You’ve probably already read our roundtable on the most underrated promotional releases of the year, and now we want to hear from you.
What comeback/debut did you really like but didn’t feel like it got enough coverage or exposure?
A couple things will be different from previous polls. Firstly, notice that there is no list of nominees to choose from below because we want the nominees to come directly from you! Secondly, the winning entry will be rewarded with a special midyear post written by one of our writers to give the song and artist its deserved spotlight.
Here’s how it works:
1) Nominate an entry in the comments section by writing the artist name and song title in the following format.
Artist – Song Title
Eg. Big Bang – Lies
Nominated entries must be limited to promotional releases of 2013. That means that the song must have been released and performed on one of the five big music shows (M! Countdown, Music Bank, Music Core, or Show Champion) no earlier than January 1st, 2013. To limit the nomination pool, indie artists must also meet this requirement.
2) Entries can only be made as a new comment. Entries made in reply to another comment will not be counted.
3) Before nominating a new entry, please thoroughly check to make sure that the song has not already been nominated. Duplicate entries will not be counted twice! Therefore, it would be counterproductive to nominate an entry song more than once because it could potentially split up the overall votes for that entry.
4) Once an entry has been nominated, vote by clicking the up arrow beneath the comment which nominates the entry. We’re only concerned about up votes; down votes will not be factored in.
5) The entry with the most up votes by June 23rd 11:59 PM EST will be declared the winner! Check back next week for our special midyear post dedicated to the winning entry.
We reserve the right to delete any comment which does not adhere to the rules above, or any nominees which we do not feel meet the poll’s criteria.
To all the best of luck and happy voting!
This poll is now closed. Thank you for voting!