Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- Block B‘s Park Kyung stirred controversy when he dropped a tweet accusing artists Vibe, Song Ha-ye, Lim Jae-hyun, Jeon Sang-keun, Jang Deok-cheol, and Hwang In-wook of engaging in sajaegi. The artists named have all announced their plans to sue Kyung for defamation.
- Interestingly, Kyung’s agency KQ Entertainment apologized for the naming of names, but stood firm by Kyung in his accusations of sajaegi. Kyung’s music has risen on the charts as he gained the public’s support for his unusual forthrightness. Many industry veterans have since weighed in on the issue, including rapper Mommy Sun, who released a scathing diss track on the subject.
- Jung Joon-young and Choi Jong-hoon have been sentenced to prison for charges that include molka crimes and aggravated rape. Jung has been sentenced to six years, and Choi to five.
- Prosecution has however, closed the prostitution mediation case against Yang Hyun-suk.
- Amidst the accusations of child abuse and more, raised by former TRCNG members Wooyeop and Taeseon, the parents of the remaining eight members have announced counter plans to take legal action against the two former members and their parents.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Kang Daniel showed off his potential in “Touchin‘”. Read our review here.
- AOA rebelled powerfully against expectations in “Come See Me“. Our review of the MV is here.
- Exo faced off against X-Exo in “Obsession“. Check out our analysis here.
- Rookies Limitless debuted two new members in their first comeback, “Wish Wish“.
- TXT released a choreography based MV for “Angel and Devil“.
Teasers & Announcements
- Gugudan‘s Kim Se-jong will release a single on December 2.
- For her project album In the Name of Love, CL plans to release two songs each week for a period of three weeks, starting on December 4.
- Park Ji-hoon makes his first comeback as a soloist with 360 Degrees on December 4.
- U-Kiss‘s Jun has been dropping photo teasers in the lead up to his solo debut on December 5.
- JBJ95 return with a digital single “Only One” on December 6.
- The Boyz also return on December 6, with a special single “White“. This will be their first release since the departure of Hwall.
- Stray Kids have begun promotions for “Clé : Levanter” scheduled for December 9.
- Ailee will be releasing a seasonal song “Sweater” on December 12.
- Award season is in full swing.
- The Asia Artist Awards were held in Vietnam on November 26. Red Velvet, Twice, Got7, Seventeen and actor Jang Dong-gun won the Daesangs of the night. Congratulations to all the winners at the Awards!
- The Melon Music Awards were held on November 30, with BTS sweeping all four Daesangs of the night. Congratulations to all the winners!
- After Chinese fans protested, Super Junior‘s Siwon apologized for liking a tweet supporting the ongoing protests in Hong Kong.
- In a surprise announcement, Taeha and Yeonwoo left Momoland to pursue solo activities. Daisy is still in talks with MLD Entertainment regarding her activities with the group.
- In light of the ongoing investigations into vote manipulation, Iz One and X1 will not be attending MAMA 2019.