Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- Both South and North Korea celebrated Liberation Day on August 15. The holiday marks the end of the Japanese colonial rule in 1945, and the eventual creation of the Korean governments in 1948.
- Dating rumors surfaced this week between BtoB‘s Jungjae and DIA‘s Jueun. However, both agencies quickly denied the accusations, saying the two simply have mutual friends.
- Sulli‘s Instagram became a hot topic once again after she shared her support for Korean victims of sexual slavery under the Japanese occupation. While many applauded her stance, some fans took to the comments section to express anger.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Check out our playlist of all this week’s releases!
- Hyorin worked hard to keep Sistar‘s summer legacy alive with, “Bae.”
- Imfact‘s “Nanana” has one of the chillest hooks of the summer.
- Super Junior D&E returned with “‘Bout You” and a new mini album.
- G Idle made their sophomore comeback with “Hann.”
- MXM were playful and upbeat in “Ya Ya Ya.”
- Berry Good shared a cute adaptation of Snow White in “Green Apple.”
- Ken (VIXX) took part in the Kim Hyung Suk with Friends project by lending his vocals to “the Late Regret.”
- Stray Kids shared a couple performance videos this week for both, “M.I.A.” and “Voices.”
- Big Flo sported some colorful hair in the MV for “Upside Down.”
Teasers & Announcements
- The concept teasers for BTS‘ Love Yourself: Answer kept coming, with the S, L and F versions finishing up the series this week. Following their official comeback on August 24, BTS will kick off their world tour, with a final stop at the now sold-out Citi Field in New York.
- The group took home more awards this week: the Teen Choice Award for Choice Fandom, and Choice International Artist.
- SM has plenty in the works for NCT: an NCT China debut before the end of the year, as well as the NCT Dream comeback We Go Up! on September 3.
- It’s time for Loona‘s official debut on August 20 with “Hi High” and the album ++ (Plus Plus).
- New girl group GWSN (Girls in the Park) have set their debut date for September 5. Meanwhile, Kiwi Pop is using Twitter to introduce the members.
- Raina (After School) has started her own YouTube channel.
- Minzy graduated this week. Congrats!
- Honey Lee signed with WME to help with her Hollywood advancement.
- After a lot of conflicting statements from TenCent Entertainment, Yuehua Entertainment and Starship Entertainment, it has finally been confirmed that Mei Qi and Xuan Yi will promote with both WJSN in Korea and Rocket Girls in China.
(YouTube  . Naver:   , Nate. Images Via: Blockberry Creative, Big Hit Entertainment.)