Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review. Here’s all the news you might have missed this past week:
- 100%‘s leader, Minwoo, passed away on March 25 due to a cardiac arrest. The team at Seoulbeats offers their deepest condolences to his family, friends, loved ones and fans.
- Due to his panic disorder, Lee Joon has been transferred to reserve duty from active duty by orders of the Military Manpower Association, and will continue his duty as a public service worker.
- Former Nine Muses member Sera will apparently be starting her own agency, OCTO. She will also be continuing solo activities.
- SM Entertainment‘s rock group, Trax, will be changing their main genre to EDM. Additionally, they will be adding Ginjo to the group, who’s a DJ and producer.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Check out our playlist above for a compilation of this week’s releases!
- Stray Kidz debuted with “District 9“, the title track of I Am NOT, and a follow up “Grow Up“.
- TVXQ hoped for “A Chance of Love” in their first album after returning from the army.
- Monsta X showed a little “Jealousy” in their new album, The Collect.
- Loona droped “Egoist” for final member Olivia Hye.
- Mamamoo serenaded sweetly in “Everyday“, a follow-up of Yellow Flower.
- Red Velvet‘s Joy exclaimed “OMG!” for her drama, Tempted.
- Hoya made his solo debut with “All Eyes on Me“.
- Samuel said he’s the “One” with BTOB‘s Ilhoon.
- Jessi and Flowsik teamed up for “All I Need“.
- Kisum and Heize said “It’s Okay” in a new music video.
- Nakta and Nine Muses‘ Kyungri collaborated for “Bom Bom“.
Teasers & Announcements
- Winner will be coming back with their 2nd album EVERYD4Y on April 4.
- Exo CBX will be returning with a mini-album on April 10.
- Eric Nam‘s mini-album, Honestly, will be released on April 11.
- Super Junior will be coming back with Replay, a repackage of Play, on April 12. The title track will be “Lo Siento”, a song of the Latin Pop genre.
- Vixx will be returning with their third album, Eau De Vixx, on April 17.
- Trax is planning for a comeback in April, though there is no confirmed date.
- Produce 101‘s Yoo Seonho will be making a solo debut sometime in April as well.
- CNBlue‘s Yonghwa will be releasing the first track of his five-song project, Feel The Five Y. The track is titled “Letter” and will be released in Japan on May 21.
- Dreamcatcher has postponed their album release from March to May in order to improve their album.
- The show that will replacing MBC‘s Infinite Challenge will be a music variety show, and is set for broadcast at the end of April.
- The hosts for the revamped version of Weekly Idol are confirmed to be Kim Shin-young, Yoo Se-yoon and Lee Sang-min. There is no broadcast date yet.
- Exo will be getting their own reality show, EXO Climb the Ladder, Travel the World.
- Lee Jong-suk will be joining YNK Entertainment after his contract with YG Entertainment expires on March 31.
- Agencies of Oh Yeon-seo and Kim Bum have confirmed that the couple are dating.
- BTS have been nominated for TIME Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People of 2018 List.
(YouTube. Naver:              , Newsen: , Time, Twitter, Instagram. Images Via: SM Entertainment, TOP Media, Shim Shim Tapa Radio Show, Dazed & Confused Magazine.)