Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- Catching up with several other agencies, SM and Around Us Entertainment have decided to take legal action against malicious commenters. The companies will be targeting posts that included threats, defamation of character, invasion of privacy, and those that disclosed personal information.
- After four months of silence, Shinee‘s Onew posted an apology for his drunken behavior back in August that lead to a sexual harassment investigation; however, for many fans it was too little, too late.
- K-pop CEO’s saw some major recognition this week:
- SM’s founder Lee Sooman was honored at the Kotler Awards for Best Management, and recognized for his role in spreading K-pop around the world.
- Big Hit CEO Bang Si-hyuk also received accolades in the form of a Presidential Commendation Award at the 2017 Korea Content Awards. The CEO chose to donate the monetary portion of his award to Unicef.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Check out our playlist of the week’s releases above!
- Zion.T not only gifted us with a touching MV for “Snow,” he also appeared on a Escape Cutlow Show without his signature glasses as a celebration of the track’s chart success.
- Taemin‘s Move comeback is a gift that keeps on giving. With the repackage Move-ing comes the serene MV for “Day and Night.”
- Mighty Mouth made plans to slide into your DMs in “Instagram.” After watching the MV, their advances might be more deserving of a block than a mutual follow.
- KARD‘s “Trust Me” might lend some insight to their latest single, “You in Me.”
- Hyuna‘s “Lip & Hip” is the kind of quirky sexy that only Hyuna can pull off. Are you a fan?
- Day6‘s Moonrise is a perfect musical summary of the year, according to our reviewer. The final monthly single “I Like You” is appropriately celebratory.
- The Boyz debuted with “Boy.” Did they manage to impress you?
- “First Love” is always sweet as GFriend‘s Yuju and Jung Key conveyed in their new duet.
- Produce 101 Season 2 alums Jang Moonbok and Seong Hyunwoo reunited for “Don’t Be Afraid.”
- It’s the season of giving, which means lots of seasonal collaborations and releases:
- It wouldn’t be a holiday season without the annual Starship Family Christmas song. This year the company gathered up all its artists for the nostalgic “Christmas Day.”
- No news yet on BTS plans to release a Korean winter track, but their Japanese single “Winter Song” is charting remarkably well internationally. Their promotional song for Seoul was also released this week, crashing some servers in the process.
- The East Light wished fans a Merry Christmas in “My Wish.”
- JBJ‘s Kim Sanggyun and Elris‘ Sohee love love, even if it’s “Childish,” in a special holiday collaboration.
- Winter love — and loneliness — take center stage in Hong Dong-guen‘s “Undoable.”
- In line with the release of the gift version of 7 of 7, Got7 put out a special performance video for “Teenager.”
- Our SM Station track of the week brought Super Junior members Heechul, Shindong and Eunhyuk together with Mamamoo‘s Solar for “Charm of Life.”
Teasers & Announcements
- Exo‘s Winter Special album is due out on December 22, with profits going to Unicef. Given the variety of their past winter releases, what kind of album are you hoping for this year?
- Taeyeon‘s This Christmas – Winter is Coming will come out on December 12, with the lead single “This Christmas.”
- NCT‘s Dreamies will be getting an SM Station Christmas single.
- Crush announced the release of a digital album on December 19.
- It’s almost time for Uhm Jung-hwa‘s The Cloud Dream of The Nine – Second Dream, and the image teasers are appropriately flashy.
- Soyou‘s first solo album Pt.1 Re:Born will drop on December 13. Check out the track list here.
- The teaser for Jong Young-chul and Jea‘s “An Ordinary Christmas” looks anything but.
- Twice are ready to spread cheer in the teasers for “Heart Shaker,” due out on December 11.
- Momoland will be back in January. With JooE‘s successful Tropicana advertisements going viral, hopefully we get some fun and quirky choreography this time around — without the dabbing.
- Also scheduled for January comebacks are Black Pink and Ikon.
- He may not have officially debuted as a soloist yet, but Hoya has already proclaimed his official fanclub Holy.
- After some reflecting, Lee Hyori and Lee Sang-soon decided to open their home again for a second season of Lee Hyori’s Homestay. Disappointingly, IU will not be part of the second season as she’s signed on to film the drama My Ahjussi.
- Update on year end shows:
- MBC have decided to go forward with their year end Drama and Entertainment Awards, as well as Gayo Daejun.
- As their strike has yet to come to a resolution, KBS‘ Gayo is set to broadcast, but the Drama Awards are still up in the air.
- Jisoo has decided to leave Tahiti.
- Hyun Bin and Kang Sora have ended their relationship after one year together.
- On the flip side, Seo In-guk and Park Bo-ram are officially an item.
- Big congrats to Kahi, who’s expecting her second child!
- Wannaone‘s Kang Daniel had to cancel his schedules after being hospitalized early in the week. Hopefully he gets lots of rest and recovers swiftly.
(YouTube. Naver:               , Nate:   , Newsen, IsPlus, MyDaily, Daum. Images Via: SM Entertainment, Mystic Entertainment, KBS.)