Hello everyone, and welcome back to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s your recap of the week that was:
- Three Stellar members, Gayoung, Hyoeun, and Minhee, used social media to momentarily vent their frustrations at the fact that the physical copy of their latest mini is not yet available to the public, three weeks after the group’s comeback.
- Uee and Kangnam finally confirmed their relationship, after rumours were effectively confirmed by Dispatch. The pair met while recording variety show Law of the Jungle. However, Uee’s initial denials on Instagram caused backlash against the idol-turned-actress, leading her to delete her account after apologising and affirming the relationship.
- “Gangnam Style” is no longer the video with the most views on YouTube, being overtaken by Wiz Khalifa’s “See You Again.”
Debuts & Comebacks
- Rapper One has officially debuted as a solo act under YG Entertainment, with music quite different to his older stuff.
- Lyn is cute in her MV for “On&On.”
- Red Velvet are ruling the charts with new single “Red Summer.” Our reviewer also thought their mini was pretty rad.
- WJSN also go for a summery vibe in “Kiss Me.”
- Zico muses on his antis and artistry in his new MVs.
- Does Jessi‘s comeback feel like “Gucci” to you?
- Hotshot‘s brooding gazes in their latest MV may turn you to “Jelly.”
- Park Bo-ram unveiled Orange Moon.
- Rotta directs Dumbfoundead‘s “Water,” which also features G.Soul.
- The Barberettes put out the English version of “Summer Love.”
- Nu’est released a 2017, acoustic version of “Hello.”
- Black Pink released the short Japanese PVs for “Whistle,” “Boombayah,” and “Playing With Fire” ahead of their August debut in the country.
Teasers & Announcements
- On the 18th:
- Exo are back with their first album that doesn’t reference the group’s name in the title.
- Ex-Nine Muses member Hyuna drops “Remedy Take 2.”
- On the 19th:
- K.A.R.D will officially debut as the newest and hottest co-ed K-pop act. In addition to making their Brazilian TV debut, they will also be returning to the US on another tour, hosted by Subkulture. You can find dates, venues, and ticket sale info here.
- CN Blue‘s Yonghwa will drop first solo mini Do Disturb.
- On the 20th:
- On the 27th, Dreamcatcher is back with Prequel.
- On the 31st, JJ Project is back!
- Also joining the July comeback stampede are:
- Loona revealed newest member Choerry.
- Gearing up for August activities are Winner, N.Flying, and Taemin.
- Taeyang has announced US and Canada dates for his White Night tour. Expect a new album soon.
- C9 girl group Good Day introduced their full line-up ahead of their debut.
- WM Entertainment announced the debut of their first boy band since B1A4, Onf.
- Produce 101 Season 2 contestant Joo Hak-nyeon will be debuting under his agency’s new group. The news comes after Cre.Ker Entertainment initially decided against including Joo in the group.
- The full line-up for Kcon LA 2017 has been revealed! Due to fees, ticket prices have increased slightly on Kcon NY 2017 prices; the $1,500 Diamond package now costs an extra backbreaking $50 more!!!
— KCON USA (@kconusa) July 14, 2017
- Actor and ZE:A member Im Si-wan began his military service on Tuesday.
- Actor Ji Chang-wook will also enlist on the 14th of August.
- Meanwhile Super Junior‘s Donghae and Eunhyuk returned from their enlistment.
- Sulli has split from boyfriend Kim Min-joon.
- It isn’t just the Western media that BTS has taken over — Rap Monster gave an interview to Rolling Stone India.
- Rumours making the rounds this week:
- Kim Soo-hyun denied plans for a September enlistment, explaining that he has yet to receive his draft notice.
- Some are convinced that Sulli and Choiza are back together.
- CL may or may not be taking Fergie‘s place as the female singer/rapper for the Black Eyed Peas.
- Produce 101 Season 2 contestant Kim Ye-hyun confirmed he not be joining Snuper.
(Chosun, Dispatch, Glorious Entertainment, Instagram, Joongang Ilbo, Korea Herald, Osen, Sports Donga, Sports Seoul, TV Report, Twitter, Variety, V Live, Yonhap, YouTube. Images via: SM Ent., Marie Claire)