Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! The year is coming to an end, but that doesn’t mean the K-pop world is slowing down. With that in mind, here’s all the news you might have missed this week.
- Following all the Running Man drama — and the show’s eventual planned ending — last week, ousted cast members Song Ji-hyo and Kim Jong-guk plan to donate all their income from the final episodes to charity.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Check out our playlist of this week’s releases above!
- Exo dropped their third special winter album For Life on January 19. What can you make of the MV?
- Block B‘s Park Kyung brought back “Ogeul Ogeul.”
- Former Kara member, Han Seung-yeon asked “Do You Remember?” in her latest solo MV.
- Junsu (JYJ) collaborated with HIGHGRND and The Black Skirts for “Cake Love.”
- NCT 127 released the long awaited MV for “Switch.” The track was originally featured on their debut album this past July.
- SF9 shared the special holiday MV for “So Beautiful.”
- Can’t get enough of the new co-ed group K.A.R.D? Here’s a dance version for their debut track “Oh Na Na.”
- Seventeen also dropped the dance version of their latest hit “Boom Boom.” Their choreography never disappoints.
- Our SM Station track this week is the seasonal “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” featuring Red Velvet‘s Wendy.
Teasers & Announcements
- Uhm Jung-hwa literally sparkles in her recent teasers for The Cloud Dream of the Nine. Her 10th studio album will consist of nine tracks, each conveyed in a different teaser image snippet.
- New rookie group Varsity released their first set of member teasers. The “global” group plans to debut on January 3 with Bullet.
- Following the project group’s disbandment, I.O.I.‘s Kim Chung-ha will debut as a soloist under M&H Entertianment.
- AOA will come back after the new year with their first full album, Angel’s Knock.
- We can also anticipate the return of Sonamoo in January.
- Shinwha are keeping the releases coming. The first group teaser for 13th Unchanging – Touch is set for release on January 2.
- Speaking of legends, Rain will also make his much anticipated comeback on January 15.
- Cosmic Girls are gearing up for “Tell Me Why” due out January 3.
- April will return with two new members for Prelude on January 4.
- Vixx will wish fans a Happy VIXX-mas with two special holiday gifts.
- Pledis Girlz will finally debut next year.
- The Eric Nam x Tablo x Gallant collab is official. Both Eric Nam and W Magazine teased “Cave Me In” on social media.
- The lineups are progressively being released for this year’s Gayo broadcasts. We can anticipate a producer collaboration at the SBS Gayo Daejun featuring Lee Soo-man, Teddy, JYP, Yoo Jong-shin. MBC is planning on a time-slip concept that will feature performances from veterans Yoo Jong-Jin. Turbo and S.E.S. alongside all this year’s biggest acts. Shinhwa will showcase their first end of the year music show performance in nearly a decade at the KBS Gayo Daejun. Which Gayo festival/performance are you most looking forward to?
- Former Rainbow member Kim Jae-kyung plans to start afresh as an actress under Namoo Actors.
- EXID‘s Solji will be taking a hiatus in order to deal with her hypothyroidism. We wish her all the best. EXID also released a Chinese version of “Cream.”
- Super Junior‘s Shindong has completed his military service. Welcome back!
(Naver:          , SBS, Osen, Twitter. Images via: Starship Entertainment, DSP, Yedang Entertainment.)