Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you may have missed:
- Following being cleared of sexual assault charges, Jung Joo-young and C9 Entertainment will be perusing legal action against netizens who spread false rumors.
- CL officially apologized for the “accidental” resurfaced use of the Qur’an in her performances of “MTBD” during her US tour.
- The Choi Soon-sil scandal continues to dominate headlines in South Korea:
- YG CEO, Yang Hyun-Suk came forward to claim no ties to Choi Soon-sil. He also stated that he hasn’t heard from Cha Eun-taek in a decade.
- Investigations and probes continue to be held for companies and chaebols who are suspect of benefitting from Choi Soon-sil’s political involvement. Homes of both past and current presidential officials are also being raided.
- Seoul anticipates its largest rally ever to be held in the city this Saturday.
Debuts & Comebacks
- BtoB brought back their first dance concept in a long wile with “I’ll be Your Man.”
- B.A.P. revealed “Who is X” in the mini movie MV for “Skydive.”
- Topp Dogg lamented their lost love in “Rainy Day.”
- Following her pre-release duet “One Step” with Jay Park, Hyorin made her official solo comeback with “Paradise.” Which track do you prefer?
- Mamamoo returned with the sultry and controversial “Decalcomanie.” You can anticipate our review!
- New boy group Victon debuted with “I’m Fine.”
- T-ara made their long-awaited comeback with the wintery “Tiamo.”
- Astro are still rocking that school-boy adorableness with their latest, “Confession.”
- Kyuhyun continued to do what he does best with the double ballad release of “Blah Blah” and “Still.”
- Double Kick‘s girl group Momoland debuted with “Jjan! Koong! Kwan!”
- Kris Wu stole some of Luhan‘s Justin Bieber swag with his English language release, “July.”
- Imfact “Feel so Good” in their latest comeback MV.
- Former 4Minute member Jeon Jiyoon dropped her first solo concept MV for “Magnet” under the new name Jenyer. She’ll debut officially on November 15.
- Our SM Station track of the week is “Still” performed by Kim Tae-hyun (Dick Punks).
Teasers & Announcements
- KNK‘s kicked off the teasers for their second mini album, Remain.
- Producer Teddy will debut his first boy group under the YG sub-label The Black Label.
- OnStyle‘s new series Lipstick Prince seeks to break down the gender bias surrounding the use of cosmetics. Male idols Heechul (Super Junior), P.O., U-kwon (Block B), Tony, Eunkwang (BtoB), Doyoung (NCT), and Rowoon (SF9), all star in the new teaser. Who else is excited for the first episode on December 1?
- Up10tion will “Burst” back on to the music scene on November 21.
- Shinee will return with their repacked album, 1and1, on November 15. Based on the first set of teaser images, it looks like we’re in for a more broody ballad this time around. I’m really going to miss Minho in gold chains, though.
- Mnet has yet another music variety show in the works. The Golden Tamborine will begin airing in December and will focus on the fun of karaoke. Jokwon and I.O.I.‘s Choi Yoo-jung will also be part of the emcee team.
- Snuper will return with “It’s Raining” on November 15.
- Vixx plans to drop a new celebratory special album this month, following the conclusion of their Conception trilogy.
- Following her stint on Produce 101 and in the project group I.B.I, Yoon Chaekyung will officially become a member of DSP girl group, April.
- We have some new couples to congratulate this week:
- We have another JYP couple! Miss A‘s Min and G.Seoul are happily dating.
- FT Island‘s Lee Hong-ki is confirmed to be in a relationship with actress Han Bo-reum.
- NS Yoon-G and Chancellor (formerly with Double Sidekick) also confirmed their relationship.
- Congratulations are also in order for Lim Chang Jung who will be tying the knot to his girlfriend in January. The couple also plans to welcome their first child in May.
(Naver:          , Nate:     , News24:  , XSportNews, . Images via: SM Entertainment, TOP Media, Rainbow Bridge World, JYPE.)