Hello and welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed this past week:
- After clearing his name, Jung Joon-young clarified that we will not be pressing charges against his ex-girlfriend who filed sexual assault charges against him in August before withdrawing them last month.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Former Topp Dogg member, I’M (Seogoong) debuted with “Try.”
- Seventeen surprised with the release of a MV for “Healing.”
- Project group I.O.I. began their final round of promotions this week for “Very Very Very.” How do you think the members will fare once they return to their respective groups?
- The Far East Movement continues to roll out their series of collaborations with various K-pop artists. Do you prefer “Freal Luv,” “Fighter,” or “Umbrella?”
- BTS‘s Wings comeback is a gift that keeps on giving. This week, they unveiled the dance practice video for “Blood Sweat and Tears.”
- Sistar‘s Bora made a cameo appearance in the MV for Jay Park‘s “Drive.”
- Monsta X‘s I.M and BrotherSu teamed up for “Madeleine.”
- Five remaining contestants from Mnet’s Produce 101 debuted as Bulldok under KCONIC Entertainment.
- Our SM Station release of the week is Beat Burger‘s “Music is Wonderful” featuring Boa.
Teasers & Announcements
- Hyorin‘s (Sistar) solo comeback isn’t officially until November 8, but we can anticipate a pre-release collab with Jay Park next week. There are also new concept photos to enjoy.
- Vixx has begun to drop teasers for the final installment of their trilogy, Kratos. Lace blindfolds? Suits? Yes, please. Just in time for Halloween, Jellyfish also dropped a dark concept teaser.
- Looks like we can anticipate a B.A.P. comeback on November 7 with Noir. Any guesses as to “Who is X?”
- Nostalgia is at an all-time high this October, with the return of Sesch Kies, the upcoming reunion of SES, and now the surprise comeback of Shinhwa with “She Said.”
- Upcoming drama news:
- The Man Living in Our House starring Lee Soo-hyuk begins airing on October 24.
- SBS also released some of the first stills of Lee Minho and Jun Ji-hyun‘s the Legend of the Blue Sea.
- Gong Yoo‘s new drama, Goblin dropped the first teaser. What do you make of it?
- Have you been keeping up with the Twice‘s individual video teasers for “T T” due out next week? I’m loving that they’re making the most of the Halloween season. The girl group also celebrated their first anniversary this week!
- Block B sub-unit, Bastarz have started to tease their comeback with “Selfish & Beautiful Girl.” The P.O. composed track will drop on October 24th!
- Kyuhyun surprised no one with the announcement of another solo ballad comeback this fall. While the style is predictable, we’re looking forward to what’s sure to be a quality release.
- YG‘s back at it with the “Who’s Next?” campaign. Black Pink is scheduled to return on November 1st with Square Two. A Big Bang comeback is also in the works! Speaking of, what are you most anticipating for their 10th Anniversary celebration?
- Casting news for the week:
- Han Ye-seul will star in SBS’s new legal drama, Defendant.
- AOA‘s Yuna and FTIsland‘s Minhwan will couple up in the web drama Sweet and Spicy.
- The Korean box office is going to be hit with a couple comedies before the year ends. Check out the trailers that dropped this week:
- Keeping up the momentum of pre-release “What U Need,” Lay will drop his first solo mini album Lose Control on October 28 in both Korean and Chinese. Reportedly, we can also expect Exo’s first sub-unit of Chen, Baekhyun, and Xiumin to debut on Oct 31.
- The winners of Mnet’s Finding Momoland will debut as the girl group Momoland on November 10.
- Forgotten AOA drummer, Youkyung, has officially left FNC Entertainment. Is anyone surprised?
- Reportedly, Beast‘s contract has expired with Cube, and the remaining five members are considering starting their own agency.
- Dating rumors surfaced with week concerning Winner‘s Nam Taehyun and actress Jung Ryeo-won. Both sides denied the reports.
- Tiffany resurfaced on Instagram for the first time since her Imperial Flag scandal — and subsequent reflection. Park Bom also made a small return to the platform. Welcome back!