Welcome back to this installment of Seoulbeats’ Week in Review! Here are some of the happenings this week that you may have missed:
- The international reaction to Lee Jung-hee’s scandal has been widespread and fervent, although the case was recently revealed to be an alleged scam. The mother and her sons participated in a filming program, and they unintentionally confessed that they were fabricating lies, when they didn’t realize the cameras and mics were still left running.
- The Kim Hyun-joong saga doesn’t end. More texts messages have been revealed, shedding more light on the assault and miscarriages.
- E-Sens has filed an appeal against his 1.5 years sentence for marijuana usage.
- SM has filed a lawsuit against advertisement companies and production companies who hired Kris, for infringing on the rights of SM and EXO.
COMEBACKS AND DEBUTS
- Veteran singer Lee Ki-chan has dropped a unique and cute MV for “Beautiful Tonight”.
- Miryo released a powerful and charismatic MV for her comeback “Queen”.
- Beast is back with a “YeY”, and a mini-album Ordinary.
- Primary drops a jammy track “Don’t Be Shy”, featuring Iron, and AOA‘s Choa.
- Kye Bum-joo is back with his first full-length album Good Life, with title track “Give It 2 U”.
- Yoo Seung-woo released a summer track “You’re Beautiful”, which immediately went to top music charts.
- Boy group ZPZG is back with “AOAO”.
TEASERS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Talented group SG Wannabe will be making a comeback in mid-August, after 4 years, and have released a teaser to provide a walk down memory lane.
- Followed Leessang‘s recent comeback, Gary will release a solo album in August, and Gil in September.
- For their August promotions, Big Bang has released a teaser photo for “Let’s Not Love”, set to be released on August 5.
- Wonder Girls has released a teaser for “I Feel You”, as well as album preview for Reboot.
- More news coming from JYP Nation: New boy band, creatively named Day6 (previously 5Live), will be joining Twice in the list of upcoming debuts.
- YG will be working extra hard leading up to September, as Psy‘s comeback is schedule in the same month as iKon‘s debut.
- T-ara will be coming back with “Totally Crazy” on August 3rd, and has released a colourful group teaser.
- Shinee has continued to please our eyes with teaser photos of their repackaged album Married To The Music.
- Unpretty Rapstar winner Cheetah has released a series of teaser videos for her upcoming single “My Number”.
- B1A4 will be making their comeback with Sweet Girl, with the members participating in the production of the album. Various teaser images of the boys have been released, showcasing a variety of concepts.
- DSP Media has released a teaser video to officially introduce the members of new girl group April.
- Popular webtoon Cheese In The Trap as finally landed a heroine in its drama remake. Kim Go-eun will be starring, alongside Park Hae-jin.
- Bae Yong-joon has tied the knot with Park Soo-jin, amidst much headlines and fanfare.
- Congratulations to Huh Gak, who will be welcoming a second child to his family soon.
- Plagiarism accusations continue to plague Hykoh, who recently experienced a sudden rise to fame after guesting on Infinity Challenge. One of their songs have been noted to be similar to a song produced by Beach Fossils. Homage, or plagiarism?
- It has been announced that the MAMA ceremony will take place in Hong Kong, for the fourth consecutive year.