Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review. Here’s all the news you might have missed over the past week:
- Earlier this week, there were complaints made against Shinhwa‘s Lee Minwoo with regards to the sexual harassment of two ladies at a bar in Gangnam. His agency, Liveworks Company, soon reported that the victims had very abruptly withdrawn their statements and complaints. Yet, the police continue to investigate Lee under the Act on Special Cases Concerning the Punishment, etc. of Sexual Crimes. Team member Junjin spoke up on V Live defending the idol and asking fans to continue supporting him.
- Kang Kyung-yoon, the reporter responsible for the initial reports on the KakaoTalk chatrooms between Jung Joon-young, Seungri, and others, has revealed that Yang Hyun-suk reached out to apologise to her. The former CEO claimed that he had to believe what Seungri was telling him and therefore, he was unable to trust her.
- Actress Lee Yeol-eum faces potentially a five-year jail sentence in Thailand. She was filmed diving for endangered clams in the country while filming for Law of the Jungle. Although the show has apologised extensively, the head of Hao Chai Mai National Park remains persistent in punishing just the actress for breaking the Wildlife Protection Law.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Ailee showed off her strong presence in “Room Shaker“.
- The members of GFriend were feeling the Summer “Fever” in their latest comeback.
- Exo‘s D.O. sang “That’s Okay” before his enlistment. Check out our review here!
- Lee Gaeun released one final track, “Remember You“, before bidding Pledis Entertainment farewell.
- Stray Kids released a music video for “TNT“, a side track off their latest album, Clé 2: Yellow Wood.
Teasers & Announcements
- Ha Sungwoon continues to tease “Blue” which is due on July 8.
- Baekhyun of Exo will be making his solo debut with City Lights, out on July 10.
- Vixx‘s Hongbin and Monsta X‘s Hyungwon teamed up for the July 10 release, “Cool Lights“.
- Day6 will be coming back with their fifth mini-album, The Book of Us: Gravity on July 15.
- KNK previewed their upcoming single with an instrumental teaser. “KNK S/S Collection” drops on July 15 as well.
- CIX, the newest boy group of C9 Entertainment, will be debuting on July 24 with Hello.
- BTS‘ third movie, Bring The Soul: The Movie, hits theatres worldwide on August 7.
- The Korean remake of Designated Survivor has made its Netflix premier with a similar title: Designated Survivor: 60 days.
- Former SM Creative Director Min Hee-jin (pictured left above) has switched sails to BigHit Entertainment, where she will take on the role of Chief Brand Officer.
(YouTube:      , V Live, Netflix. Naver:  , Straits Times. Twitter: . Images Via: SM, Krystal’s Instagram, JYP Entertainment.)