Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review. Here’s all the news you might have missed over the past week:
- Seungri has been forwarded to the prosecution on seven charges of criminal activity. These include: violation of the Food Sanitation Act, instigation of destruction of evidence, prostitution mediation and solicitation of prostitution, embezzlement of Burning Sun funds, embezzlement of his attorney’s fees, and the violation of the Act on Special Cases Concerning the Punishment, etc. of Sexual Crimes. The latter act is regarding his involvement in Jung Joon-young‘s KakaoTalk chatroom.
- B.A.P‘s Himchan is under investigation for sexually harassing a lady in her twenties some time in August 2018. The victim claims that she was sexually harassed, while the idol is defending himself by saying that anything that took place was consensual. The investigation is ongoing.
- In another edition of K-Pop being used for diplomatic ties: Exo was invited to the Blue House for a banquet dinner with President Trump and daughter Ivanka Trump, where the idol group presented signed albums to both of them.
- On the same note, B.I.G. was invited to the Blue House to perform for the Crown Prince of Arabia. This was likely due to their huge Arabic fanbase from their covers of Arabic songs and an Arabic version of their own song.
- Actress Jeon Mi-sun passed away on June 29. She was found in a hotel room in Jeonju, and the cause of her death is still under investigation. We offer our deepest condolences to her family and friends.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Chungha had a powerful song and dance sequence for “Snapping“. See what our writer had to say!
- (G)I-dle made a 90s comeback with “Uh-Oh“. Check out our MV review here!
- BTS dropped “Heartbeat” in collaboration with Netmarble for their mobile game, BTS World.
- Eunjin of Bigflo made a solo debut with “Insomnia“. Here’s our review of the video!
- Monsta X‘s Minhyun teamed up with fellow member Jooheon for a retro-themed track, “Ongsimi“.
- Sulli made a solo debut with “Goblin“.
- Sechskies member Eun Jiwon made a comeback with fierce “I’m On Fire“.
- Adding to the list of new groups, Purplebeck debuted with “Crystal Ball“.
- Russian idol Lana debuted with “Take the Wheel“.
- Rookie singer Hyemin returned with “Starlight“.
Teasers & Announcements
- Gfriend continue to tease their 7th mini-album, Fever Season, which is out on July 1.
- Jay Park drops a mini-album next week. Nothing Matters releases on July 2.
- Ailee is gearing up for her comeback with “Room Shaker” on July 2.
- Heize joined hands with BTS’ Suga for her upcoming single, “We Don’t Talk Together“. The track drop on July 7.
- Ha Sungwoon is returning with BXXX on July 8, with “Blue” being the title track.
- Exo-SC (consisting of Sehun and Chanyeol) debuts on July 22 with What a Life.
- Vixx‘s N surprised fans with a self-designed teaser for “Tudak Tudak“, which could possibly be a self-composed track.
- The Song-Song couple is no more. Actor Song Joong-ki recently filed for divorce with Descendants of the Sun co-star Song Hye-kyo.