Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- The police has booked Seungri and Yoo In-suk on charges of funds embezzlement of millions of wons.
- Additionally, the former has been booked for violating the Improper Solicitation and Graft Act for giving a superintendent three free tickets to a Big Bang show. Senior Superintendent Yoon has been booked for receiving these as well.
- Choi Jonghoon has also been booked for violating the Act on Sexual Crimes of Violence. He is suspected of recording one sexual video without the consent of the other party, and sharing six illegal videos, inclusive of the one he recorded.
- Roy Kim, too, has been revealed to have viewed and shared these videos. His father has attempted to apologise on his behalf.
- The latest news is that the police has confirmed that Seungri had hired eight women for entertainment at his birthday party in 2017, and he paid for all their expenses, which the police believes was his cost for prostitution.
- In other news, Hwang Hana is being investigated for drug usage. She had previously refused to let the police search her house despite search warrants, and had turned down any other form of investigations. The police had in turn issued an arrest warrant for her, before arresting her at Bundang Seoul University Hospital where she was staying.
- More than 4000 citizens were forced to evacuate the cities of Sokcho and Gangneung in the Gangwon province after a deadly blaze of wildfire started up in the area, and South Korea has declared it as state of national emergency.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Black Pink returned with “Kill This Love“, with a title track of the same name.
- Red Velvet teamed up with Ellie Goulding and Diplo for a remix of “Close To Me“.
- Chen sang of a “Beautiful Goodbye” for his solo debut music video.
- The members of Iz One shone brightly in “Violeta“.
- Nu’est‘s Minhyun yearned for his “Universe” in his comeback.
- Kang Xiwon definitely got some clicks on her music video with “Click Click“.
- Daehyun sang a romantic, earnest ballad, “You’re My“.
Teasers & Announcements
- Bvndit released a colourful, chic prologue before their debut on April 10.
- BTS are keeping fans on their toes with Map of the Soul: Persona due on April 12.
- Super Junior‘s D&E will be returning with an album, and a title track called “Gloomy”, on April 14.
- Yoon Jisung will make his comeback with a special album on April 25.
- Bae Jinyoung will be dropping his first single sometime this month, though other details remain unknown.
- Twice is gearing up for a comeback with some shiny but cryptic movie posters. There are yet to be any details released.
- BTS have been nominated for two Billboard categories this time: Top Duo/Group and Top Social Artist. Fellow K-Pop groups Got7 and Exo join them for the latter award.
(YouTube  . Al Jazeera. Naver:         . Twitter:     . Images Via: MNH, Big Hit Entertainment.)