Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- Following his recent scandal with the failed irony of “Feminist” — and his outburst at a concert on December 2 — San E and Brand New Music have mutually decided to terminate his contract.
- Tiffany was the latest celebrity to have a family debt scandal come to light. Tiffany released a personal statement through her agency clarifying that she has not been in touch with her father — who owes a debt of 35 million won — in seven years, and that she has paid off his debts before. She also apologized to anyone who has been hurt by his actions.
- IZONE fans are not happy about Miyawaki Sakura And Yabuki Nako’s planned participation in an upcoming HKT48 concert, claiming it is a betrayal against their promise to promote with IZONE. The agency quickly responded to fans official complaint, saying that the planned concert is a special anniversary event and the members will be attending as IZONE members.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Got7‘s latest Present was the wintery MV for “Miracle.”
- Junflo teamed up with Boa for “Autopilot.”
- Red Velvet weren’t the only group to have a horror concept little late this year, Laboum rehabilitated zombies in their latest, “Turn it On.”
- Onew‘s Voice impressed our reviewer with it’s haunting ballads.
- It just isn’t a holiday season without a Starship Planet Christmas release. This year’s gift is the aptly named, “Christmas Time.”
- Up10ton did some detective work in “Blue Rose.” Look forward to our review!
- Kim Dong-ryul and IU topped the charts with “Fairy Tale.”
- Fei dropped another Chinese single, “Hello” featuring Got7‘s Jackson.
Teasers & Announcements
- Looks like Exo will return to a life of crime in the MV for “Love Shot” out on December 13.
- Ladies’ Code will put out a special seasonal track, “The Last Holiday” on December 12.
- Twice will also join in on the festive cheer on the 12th with their special album The Year of Yes.
- Infinite Woohyun‘s digital single “This Song Now” will be released on December 13.
- Our next SM Station collab will be “Hair in the Air” featuring Red Velvet’s Yeri, and NCT‘s Jeno, Renjun and Jaemin.
- Fantagio‘s final FM201.8 track “All I Want” will feature Weki Meki and Astro. So far we’ve gotten some pretty festive teasers.
- Jiyeon will be back with the digital single “One Night” on December 22.
- SNSD‘s Sooyoung will be releasing her first solo single through Echo Global Group some time this month.
- Jellyfish Entertainment is planning to debut their new boy group VeriVery in January of 2019.
- IZONE are preparing a Japanese debut for February 2019.
- Girl’s Day Yura and G Idle were among the latest batch of celebrities to be named honorary ambassadors to Seoul.
- BtoB’s Changsub will hold a farewell concert before beginning his military service on January 14.
- Block B‘s Jaehyo will also be enlisting on December 20.
- Song Joong-ki will be hosting the 2018 Hong Kong MAMAs.
- Woohee‘s contract ended with Happy Face Entertainment, meaning Dal Shabet is technically disbanded.