Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- In perhaps the biggest — and most watched — event in world news this week, South Korean President Moon Jae-in and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un met for a historic inter-Korean summit on April 27.
- TS Entertainment CEO Kim Tae-song passed away on April 27. His family is asking for privacy at this time, and no further details have been released.
- Director Cho Hyun-hoon is the latest to be outed in South Korea’s #MeToo movement. In his apology letter, the director admitted to sexually harassing a woman in 2013. Cho will take an official hiatus to reflect.
- The seemingly random chart success of Nilo‘s “Pass” is now under the suspicion of the Korea Management Federation. His agency Limez Entertainment says they have submitted all necessary documentation to the Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism and will cooperate with any further investigation into the single’s suspicious success.
- Streaming company Melon is also under scrutiny for the potential to manipulate charts after a video surfaced of a Chinese company using multiple cellphones/ accounts — as well as some 10,000 IDs — to influence the charts in real time.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Hyorin‘s “Dally” faced some criticism — but there’s no denying that she nailed the choreography.
- Lovelyz returned with “The Day.”
- The Solar (Mamamoo) solo MV’s keep coming! The latest are “Nada Sou Sou” and “It’s Been a Long Time.”
- Luna did some “Night Reminicin‘” in her latest solo single.
- Hwang Chi-yeol also did some looking back in “The Only Star.”
- Berry Good‘s Heart Heart sub-unit wait on a call in “Crazy, Gone Crazy.” Expect our review soon!
- Snuper‘s “Tulips” left our reviewer unsatisfied.
- EXO CBX teased their first full Japanese album with “Horololo.”
- FT Island‘s Minhwan began his solo career with the single “First Story.”
- Stray Kids shared a special self-filmed MV for their B-side “Rock.”
- Our latest Jay Park collab with is with Gray for “El Tornado.”
- Yongguk‘s latest solo project is the lyric-less “Portrait.”
- The color palette is anything but “Dramatic” in My Darling‘s debut MV.
Teasers & Announcements
- BTS will be debuting their new single performance at the Billboard Music Awards on May 20.
- International Army: BTS might be coming your way. Check out the Love Yourself Tour schedule here.
- It’s almost “Time for the Moon Night” with GFriend on April 30.
- Teen Top are gearing up for a “Seoul Night” on May 8.
- Also due out on the 8th is Cross Gene’s “Zero.”
- Highlight‘s Yong Junhyung will say “Goodbye 20’s” with his first solo album on May 9.
- Dream Catcher look like they’re in for another dark narrative for their new mini album Escape the ERA, due on May 10.
- The Unit‘s Unit.T is ready to debut on May 17.
- After revealing all the members, many assumed Loona‘s official group debut would be the next release. However, the new unit Loona YYXY will debut first with “Youth Youth by Young.”
- 1NB will be disbanding; however, members will continue to pursue individual activities with Trivus Entertainment.
- Actor Hwan Chan-ho passed away on April 26 from a heart attack. We give our condolences.
- Kangnam was involved in a five car collision on April 25. His agency later gave an update on his condition, saying after examination at the hospital he was sent home with minor injuries. He should make a full recovery.
- Former After School member Jung-ah married basketball player Jung Chang-young this weekend. Congratulations to the couple!
- Fantagio is under investigation by the Korea Entertainment Management Association for failing to follow public culture and management laws.
- The latest Dingo tipsy-live special is VIXX with “Scentist.”