Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed!
- The 27th Seoul Music Awards were took place this week:
- BTS took home the Daesang for Love Yourself: Her.
- The Bonsang winners included: NU’EST W, Black Pink, Seventeen, BTOB, EXO, Twice, Bolbbalgan4, Got7, Red Velvet, Wanna One, Super Junior and BTS.
- Congratulations to all award-winners in the other categories as well!
- FNC Entertainment has announced that CNBlue‘s Yonghwa will be enlisting in the army on March 5. His last event would be on January 27, which would be his solo concert in Hong Kong. He will not be taking part in CNBlue’s future activities.
- Actor Jeon Tae-soo passed away after losing a battle with depression. The team at Seoulbeats offers our condolences to his family, loved ones, friends and fans.
- Actor Kim Woo-bin has been ruled as unable to serve in the military due to a diagnosis of Nasopharyngeal cancer. We wish him a good and speedy recovery.
- After 141 days of strike, the president of KBS, Ko Dae-young, has been removed from his position.
Debuts & Comebacks
- There are a number of releases this week; check out our playlist above for a compilation of all the comebacks.
- SM Entertainment released Jonghyun‘s posthumous album, Poet | Artist, along with the music video for “Shinin’“. A day later, the music video for “Before our Spring” was released too.
- iKon show off a “Love Scenario” in their new music video.
- SNSD‘s Yuri and DJ Raiden will “Always Find You” in new track for SM Station.
- In tune with the season, 2PM‘s Junho released a digital track, “Winter Sleep“.
- Suzy‘s “In Love With Someone Else” in her music video.
- Jeong Sewoon dropped “Baby It’s U“, an acoustic song with a catchy beat for its chorus.
- RAINZ make you want to “Turn It Up” in their new music video for their second mini album, Shake You Up.
- Target debuts with “Awake“, following their Japanese debut last year.
- A group of comediennes debuted as a girl group named Celeb Five. This group, consisting of Kim Shin-young, Ahn Young-mi, Shin Bong-sun, Song Eun-yi, and Kim Young-hee, released a music video titled “I Wanna Be A Celeb“.
- Got7’s JB dropped some smooth R&B tracks via his Soundcloud account, under his producer name Defsoul. This series of songs is titled 1/? vol.2, after volume 1 was released in 2016.
Teasers & Announcements
- BoA will be coming back on January 31 with a digital single, “Nega Dola“. She will also be releasing a mini-album sometime in February.
- Hyorin will be dropping a digital single on February 6. This will be her first solo comeback after opening up her own agency, bridʒ.
- Red Velvet have revealed multiple teasers, as well as their tracklist, for their upcoming repackage album, The Perfect Red Velvet. The title track is called “Bad Boy”.
- Gugudan will be releasing a single album, Act.4 Cait Sith, on February 1. The tracklist includes “The Boots”, “Silly”, “Lovesick” and the instrumental of “The Boots”.
- Seventeen has a comeback planned for February 5. They’ve released individual teasers for their special album, titled Director’s Cut.
- Bumkey will be coming back on February 1. Suran and Loco will be featured artists on the track.
- VAV will be coming back with their third mini album, Spotlight, on January 29. They’ve released music video teasers for “Spotlight” and “Gorgeous“.
- Yoon Mi-rae will be having a solo comeback after two years. The album is set to be released sometime in the first half of 2018, but there would be a pre-release track revealed on February 2.
- April is preparing to make their comeback in February, but details seem vague.
- CLC is preparing from a comeback that is set to be sometime around mid-February. There are no concrete details or schedules, though.
- Wanna One is apparently preparing for a comeback as well. However, YMC Entertainment states that the date is unconfirmed, though it is rumoured to be sometime in March.
- Apparently, Black Pink is working on a mini-album and is in the midst of recording songs for a comeback. YG Entertainment‘s CEO Yang Hyun-suk has asked fans to wait just a bit more, but no other details have been revealed.
- Music producer and songwriter Shinsadong Tiger has clarified that Momoland‘s “Bboom Bboom” is not plagiarising Serebro‘s “Mi Mi Mi”. He states that although they are of similar genres and have guitar sounds, the two songs have a different melody and chord progression.
- Na Byung-jun, the CEO of Fantiago, has recently resigned. He sent an email to all the staff proclaiming his resignation.
- Drew Barrymore will be appearing as a guest on Get It Beauty 2018.
(YouTube. Naver:                 , Newsen: , Twitter:      , FNC Entertainment. Images Via: Jellyfish Entertainment, Bighit Entertainment, SM Entertainment and Dublekick Entertainment.)