Welcome back to another edition of SB Week in Review! In case you missed it, here’s all the news of the week:
- On October 20, about 390 South Koreans had the opportunity to reunite with their North Korean relatives. It was a touching reunion for many of the families as they have been separated for over 60 years. This is an initiative to improve North-South ties and the last occasion of this kind took place in February 2014.
- A prostitution ring, consisting of former girl group members, models and celebrities, was busted earlier this week for their services, after evading suspicions for the past two months.
COMEBACKS AND DEBUTS
- Junsu slays with his impressive vocals as he makes his solo comeback with emotional ballad “Yesterday”.
- Veteran boy group Click B is finally back with a charismatic MV for “Reborn”.
- Shinhwa‘s Dongwan made a solo comeback with “I’m Fine”.
- Sweet Sorrow released “Hiding My Heart”.
- IU is back with a MV for her title track “Twenty-three”, earning an all-kill on the charts immediately upon release, with the other songs from Chat-shire also charting highly.
- Sunny Days returned with “Blah Blah”.
- Zico dropped his solo MV with some pretty awesome animation in “Yes Or No”.
- Topp Dopp returned two members down, but made an impression nonetheless with “The Beat”.
- N.Flying made a comeback with “Lonely”.
- Dia moved along their promotions with a follow-up MV for “My Friend’s Boyfriend”.
- Twice made their much-awaited debut with “Like Ooh-Ahh”, with their accompanying album The Story Begins. The girl group is already making waves for their top-notch visuals all-around.
- SMTM-alumni Andup dropped a solo track “It’s Me”, featuring Incredivle.
- Sleepy collaborated together with Baek Ah-yeon to release a soothing track “Kibuntat”.
- Rock band Buzz dropped a passionate track with “Forever Love”.
- HIGHGRND finally released the MV for “Parachute” which they have been teasing all week long.
TEASERS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- SM is going all out for f(x)‘s impending comeback, with a special gallery in Itaewon set up to showcase the members’ teasers. The exhibit will carry on until October 26, after which their comeback titled 4 Walls will be released at midnight.
- B.A.P has been reminding fans about their comeback on November 15 as the members uploaded teaser images on Twitter.
- Yoo Seung-ho and Park Min-young have been cast together in Remember.
- VIXX is confirmed for a full-length album comeback, set to be released on November 10.
- Monsta X will be continuing with the follow-up promotions for their repackaged album, having released brooding teaser images for “Hero”.
- Choi Jin-hyuk has left the army on a disability discharge following a knee injury after seven months of service.
- Congratulations to BtoB, who finally clinched their first music show win with “Way Back Home”.
- It is reported that YG is looking to acquire a stake in Korea’s KFC operations, as an additional stable income stream. Reactions from the ground have been rather … cynical.
- Dating rumours between Kim Soo-hyun and Sohee were swirling all week before they were swiftly quashed.
- Rumours between CL and Winner‘s Mino were also circulating based on photoshopped fan photos, but YG was quick to deny any relationship.
- One couple did confirm their relationship — congrats to Alex and Rainbow‘s Hyunyoung.
(Osen, Ilgan Sports, Sports Chosun, Mydaily, Yonhap News, 10asia, MBC, TV Report, X Sports)