Do you have a lot of opinions about Hallyu that you have been dying to share? Do you enjoy writing and actively contributing to K-pop fandom? Wish there was a way to combine your talents and your passions? Take the plunge and join our amazing team of talented writers and staff!
WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
– Writers who are particularly interested in writing about dramas, film, socio-cultural analysis, TV/variety shows, fashion, and humor.
– Writers who can contribute for at least six months. We do a lot of workshopping and training with potential applicants so we’re looking for someone who can grow with the team and is serious about improving their writing skills. If you’re in-between jobs or in-between semesters and you just want to do this for funsies, please do not apply. Serious applicants only!
WHAT YOU GET:
– One of the most lively and helpful teams ever. Submerge yourself in a community of writers and experts who can foster and develop your knowledge of all things Hallyu — and non-Hallyu, too.
– The chance to write about K-pop on a large platform, and the ability to dabble in many media, whether it’s writing, editing, podcasting, or photo/videojournalism.
– If you’re personally interested in a career in writing, you’ll be able to build your portfolio, and you’ll be able to learn from a lot of great mentors. Our writers have been able to use the research and writing they’ve done for Seoulbeats for their professional careers.
– We don’t have a requirement for location since our work is done remotely, but if you’re located in or are willing to travel to a major city where K-pop artists visit from time to time, you may be able to attend concerts on occasion.
If you’re interested in applying, just send us the following two items in an email to recruiting[at]seoulbeats.com with the subject line “July 2015: [Your name]”:
1) A writing sample. Send us a sample of K-pop writing that you’ve done before. This sample should show us your writing style and your ability to parse K-pop current events. The recommended length is approximately 500 words. Please copy and paste the writing sample into the body of your email.
2) Three reasons why you would be a good fit for the team.
If you have applied in the past and wish to apply again, feel welcome to do so!
We’ll be accepting applications until Tuesday, August 11 at 11:59 PM EST.
Furthermore, we’ll be actively recruiting at KCON in Los Angeles this weekend. We hope to see some of you there!
Best of luck to all applicants and feel free to ask us any questions in the comments section below.