K-pop is perhaps as much of a visual medium as it is musical. In fact, more money is spent on producing a song’s MV than the revenue that is reasonably generated from the song’s sales. True story. Last year, we honored the weird, the outlandish, the metaphorical, and even the terrifying. What concepts will we determine to be the cream of the crop for 2013?
What song featured your favorite MV and/or concept of the year?
Here’s how it works:
1) Nominate an entry in the comments section by writing the artist name and song title in the following format.
Artist – Song Title
Eg. Psy – Gangnam Style
Nominated entries must be promoted releases from this year, meaning that the song’s release date must be no earlier than January 1st, 2013. Any nominees which the Seoulbeats staff deems unfit for the poll’s criteria will be disqualified.
2) Entries can only be made as a new comment. Entries made in reply to another comment will not be counted.
3) Before nominating a new entry, please thoroughly check to make sure that the song has not already been nominated. Duplicate entries will not be counted twice! Therefore, it would be counterproductive to nominate an entry more than once because it could potentially split up the overall votes for that entry.
4) Once an entry has been nominated, vote for it by clicking the up arrow beneath the comment which nominates the entry. We’re only concerned about up votes; down votes will not be factored in.
5) The entry with the most up votes by December 25th 11:59 PM EST will be declared the winner! Check back later for a special Best of 2013 post dedicated to the winning entries.
We reserve the right to delete any comment which does not adhere to the rules above, or disqualify any nominees which we do not feel meet the poll’s criteria. Sharing comments and links to reinforce the nominated entries is highly encouraged.
May the odds be ever in your favor!
The poll is now closed. Thank you for voting!