Welcome to November! Hope you all have successfully Fallen back–daylight savings is so confusing–especially if you’re from Hawaii. It is every woman’s hope that she is more than ‘Just Another Girl’ in the eyes of the man she loves… unfortunately, the love isn’t always reciprocated. Here’s to the hope that love will conquer all.
- Big news in K-dramaland as it was revealed that Moon Geun-young and her co-star Kim Bum from the recently completed Goddess of Fire, Jung-yi are dating. Their reps have confirmed that they began dating about a month ago and are currently on a European vacation. (MBN)
- Actor Jang Geun-suk, JYJ‘s Junsu and Exo‘s Kris are all being linked to a sex scandal with Chinese Actress Lin Xi Ya. Supposedly, the actress’ phone was hacked and the hacker released pics that were on her phone which included pics of her with several male celebrities–some in compromising positions. Jang Geun-suk’s agency has responded and has claimed that although the pics released were of Jang Geun-suk, the actress was photo shopped into the pics and that he does not know the actress personally. (wowstar)
- U-Kiss is already a man down with the departure of Dongho, now NH Media has announced that AJ will return to his studies at Columbia University in January 2014. (U-Kiss)
- SHINee‘s Onew suffered a neck injury requiring a change to their performance stages for “Everybody.” Onew will be refraining from most of the choreography and mainly singing during the performances. (newsDonga)
- Sunny Hill‘s Jang-hyun was released from the military this week after completing his two years of service. He tweeted a pic of himself and his members at his release.
- SS501’s lead singer Heo Young -saeng began his military service 0n October 31st entering the Nonsan Training Center for his basic training. His company B2M Entertainment released a message from the singer to fans a few days later. (XSportsNews)
- Actors Kim Nam-gil and Son Ye-jin denied rumors that they are dating. The two starred alongside each other in the K-drama Shark and are also currently filming together for the movie Pirates. (SportsSeoul)
- Fiestar made a perplexing comeback with “I Don’t Know,” Shin Jae sang “I Hope You Come Back Because Of This Song” which was written by Hwayobi (who also adds her voice to the chorus), Baek Seung-heon wants you to “Wait a Minute,” Young Ji said “I Don’t Want To Fall In Love,” SHU-I were “So In Luv.” ZE:A made their comeback “Step By Step,” Han So-hyun released an MV for “Sorry” starring actor Lee Min-ki, Lim Chang-jung released a star studded MV for his new song “Open the Door,” LEDApple released “With the Wind,” U-Kiss turns up the testosterone in the MV for their new song “She’s Mine” and JYJ‘s Kim Jaejoong released his first full album WWW (Who When Why) and the MV for the title song “Just Another Girl.” The rock genre really suits Jaejoong.
- The Trouble Maker duo of 4Minute‘s Hyuna and Beast‘s Hyun-Seung reunited for their second mini album Chemistry and released the scandalous MV for it’s title song “Now.”
- New girl group TINT, which includes popular K-pop Star 2 contestant Lee Mi-rim, debuted with “Love At First Sight.”
- Fresh from his appearance on Infinity Challenge, male soloist Kim Jo-han released the MV for his latest song “The Stars, the Moon, All for U” featuring Urban Zakapa‘s Jo Hyuna. The Neo-Soul song was written by Ra.D and composed by Kim Jo-han.
- If there’s one thing that can be said about A-Jax‘s newest song “Snake,” which coincides with their new variety show called Raising Snake in which they’ll be raising an 4 foot long albino boa constrictor, it is that it’s definitely different.
- Quartet Brown Eyed Soul celebrated their 10th anniversary by releasing the song “Always Be There” for their fans.
- Yoo Se-yoon released a hilarious MV for his song “Kka Ttok” which parodies everyone’s obsessions with their phones.
- Woollim‘s new artist Jin released a teaser for debut MV “Gone” which stars Exo‘s Xiumin and actress Kim Yoo-jung, Big Bang‘s Taeyang released a teaser for his comeback title song “Ringa Linga” which was written and produced by G-Dragon and will drop on November 8th. It wi be a busy end of year for Big Bang as it was also revealed that T.O.P. will be releasing a solo album mid November, they will begin their Japan Dome Tours on November 16th and they are supposed to be dropping new music as a group sometime after T.O.P.’s solo release. That would make Daesung the only member not to release a Korean solo album in 2013… why?
- The new sageuk on the block Empress Ki starring Ha Ji-won and Joo Jin-mo rocked the Monday/Tuesday ratings taking over first pace form The Suspicious Housekeeper, with Mirae’s Choice in third place. Secrets continues to rule the Wednesday/Thursday drama ratings although The Heirs’ ratings keep improving each week.
- JYJ‘s Yoochun will be returning to dramas next year as an elite bodyguard for the President in SBS‘ Three Days.
- One of 2012’s best K-dramas, Nine, has been licensed for a US remake. Fake Empire Entertainment who produces the hit show Gossip Girl has bought the rights to remake the drama for US audiences. The pilot for the progam is reportedly set to be done in early 2014.
- Ailee sang “Tears Stole The Heart” for the Secrets’ OST, child actress Kim So-hyun sang of “First Love” for The Suspicious Housekeeper OST and Sung Si-kyung sang “To You” for the Reply 1994 OST,
- YG Entertainment released a special episode 11 of WIN:Who Is Next tht showed alot of behind the scenes moments that happened during the last battle and some touching moments between the 11 trainees.
- SM Entertainment‘s wonder rookies Exo will be starring in their own reality show Exo’s Showtime. The show is to debut at the end of November.
- The variety show Welcome to Korea has been cancelled after only a month. The show was picked up after the cancellation of Splash Star Diving Show, but did not do well in the ratings.
- Epik High‘s Tablo and his daughter Haru joined the cast of Superman Returns, SBS‘ answer to MBC‘s hit show Dad! Where are We Going? He joins celebrity dads MC Lee Hwi-jae, actor Jang Hyung-sung and MMA fighter Chu Sung-hoon in the show where the dads watch their kids moms free for 48 hours. I give Lee Hwi-jae a lot of credit taking care of his twins by himself. (TVReport)
- Rumors broke that the current cast of the hit MBC show Dad! Where Are We Going? would be leaving making way for a whole new cast of celebrity dads and their kids for a season two of the show. MBC claims that the rumors are false. The whole cast and crew of the show were in New Zealand last week filming for a special overseas trip. (unionpress)
- Key East Entertainment announced that Kim Hyun-joong will be leaving Barefoot Friends due to scheduling conflicts with his upcoming drama Generation of Youth. Uee was also thinking of leaving the program due to filming for her drama Golden Rainbow and Yoon Si-yoon’s agency has said that even though he will be in the upcoming drama The Prime Minister & I he would not be leaving the show. Unfortunately, a few days later it was announced that the show would be cancelled and be replaced by K-pop Star 3 on November 24th–which most of us were expecting due to the show’s low ratings. (newspim, kookje)
- Infinity Challenge broadcast their latest Freeway Song Festival with performances by Jung Hyung-don & G-Dragon featuring Defconn, Jung Jun-ha & Kim C featuring Beenzino & Lee Sora, Yoo Jae-suk & Yoo Hee-yeol featuring Kim Jo-han, Noh Hong-chul & Rose Motel, HaHa & Jang Kiha & the Faces, Gil & BoA, and Park Myung-soo & Primary featuring Gaeko. It was an awesome episode with great performances from all the groups-the most telling thing about the ouarity of the Infinity Challenge Freeway Song Festivals? All of the songs are currently in the to 10 of the online music charts in South Korea–that’s amazing. One small bit of controversy is that Park Myung-soo and Primary’s song “I Got C” is being accused of plagiarism, with some saying that the song resembles Caro Emerald‘s “Liquid Lunch.” Here’s their ensemble performance of “Here We Are.” (segye, wikitree)