It’s officially Spring with the Vernal Equinox occurring on March 20th this year and well, looks like the Spring colors are in full bloom in the K-popiverse! Have to say I’m about as sad as CL looks in the above picture seeing her dressed up as a yellow monster in one of Jeremy Scott‘s creations–love the t-shirt to the left though–no truer words have been said.
The Colors of K-pop:
- After weeks laden with comebacks and debuts, this week was a relatively quiet week in K-pop as there were only releases from Younha with “It’s Not Like That,” EvoL‘s comeback with “Get Up,” Space Cowboy‘s “It’s Over” (really, what is it with K-pop and songs with all the same name?), Gilme‘s “Laugh and Leave,” and a Japanese release by Gummy. I did however come across this MV by Cold Cherry for the song “Growing Pains” which is quite splendid.
- The big comeback of the week was from INFINITE (INFINITE aren’t big enough yet to cause people to avoid them are they?), who made a very colorful (and some say SHINee inspired) comeback with “Man in Love.” They also held a Google+ event for the release of their song. I’m gonna have to agree that the MV totally looks like “Dream Girl” and I’m a bit disappointed in the song, too. After their successful solo activities, I was expecting more than this.
- Also maybe due to the low number of releases this week, or not, Busker Busker’s “Cherry Blossom ending returned to the top of the charts on some music sites almost a year after its release. Maybe fans just really miss them? (Newsen)
- Scheduled to comeback in April are 2PM, 4Minute, Secret, PSY and Shinhwa. Also LeeU, a former member of F.cuz, is scheduled to comeback in ‘Spring.’
The Colors of K-dramas:
- The teaser is finally out for Lee Seung-gi and Suzy‘s sageuk K-drama, the Gu Family Book. In the story, Seung-gi’s character is half gumiho and searches for the infamous Gu Family Book which supposedly holds the secret of how a gumiho can turn into a human. Gu Family Book will be a Monday-Tuesday drama for MBC with 24 epsisodes starting April 8th.
- BTOB‘s Minhyuk continues to entice fans, this time with his amazing flexibilty showcased during an episode of Reckless Family 2. (Newsen)
- The first teaser for the K-drama debut of BEAST‘s Yong Jun-hyung has just been released by Mnet. In the drama he plays an idol gone bad who gets sent back to school to change his ways. A few BTOB members will play the members of his idol band and the heroine is rookie actress Ha Yeon-soo. The set up doesn’t sound so promising, but what does is who’s behind-the-scenes: PD Kim Won-seok of Sungkyunkwan Scandal and writer Jung Yoon-jung of Arang and the Magistrate. The drama is slated for 12 episodes and will debut on April 6th.
The Colors of Scandal:
- Two managers of 44 year old actor “Mr.Park” were indicted for blackmailing him with videos they secretly took of him doing ‘homosexual acts.’ The actor reportedly already paid the managers 4 million won, but they were trying to get 500 million won. “Mr.Park” turned the case over to police after getting more than 45 blackmail texts. (dongA)
- This is not a good year for Rain. He’s caught up in a court battle with a clothing business man who claims that Rain and his J.Tune Creative company embezzled 5 billion won that he invested in a fashion venture with them. (StarMT)
- SHINee‘s leader Onew is being raked over the coals for being caught flipping off his members during a radio show. And while netizens were in their furor over his ‘scandal’ they dug up pics of Onew wearing the same hat that Sunny had her ‘scandal’ over. Oh my gosh, Onew curses–it just might be the end of the K-popiverse. (SportsChosun)
The Colors of Spring:
- What definitely was in abundance this past week were photo shoots of all your favorite celebrities including: KARA‘s Goo Hara for ELLE, SHINee for Skechers and Star1, and BoA for Benetton.
- And SM Entertainment did a 40 page photo spread with W Korea which was done in conjunction with Corso Como.
(@ITSJEREMTYSCOTT, NewDaily, anewsa, SportsKhan, WStarNews, TheStarChosun, YouTube , , ; MBC)