Perhaps the biggest story of this week in K-pop is the forthcoming marriage of Wonder Girls‘ leader Sun-ye to her boyfriend of over a year, James Park, on Saturday, January 26th at the Lotte Hotel in Seoul. Her bestie, 2AM‘s JoKwon will officiate and JYP will offer the congratulatory song at the wedding that will definitely be one of the K-pop events of the year. On the 22nd, JYPE released a couple of Sun-ye’s pictures from her wedding photo shoot and Sun-ye looked just radiant in them. Although Sun-ye’s nuptials and uncertain future after it has definitely thrown a wrench in the destiny of the Wonder Girls, Wikipedia has already listed her as a former member, no one who is a fan and knows of her tragic past could not be happy for Sun-ye. (JYPE, Star News)
- To celebrate their 1000th day together as JYJ the members, Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu, produced a magazine to commemorate the last three years of their careers. The magazine is full of interviews and pictorials and is a gift for fans who helped them to survive their break from SM. (JYJ3)
- While not as abundant as last week, there were still quite a few comebacks in K-pop: Huh Gak released “Monodrama” featuring Super Star K4‘s Yoo Seung-woo, Nine Muses are “Dolls,” MR.MR kicks it into gear with “Highway,” MYNAME with “Just That Little Thing,” Tiny G is “Minimanimo,” Skull and HaHa released “Donamdong Melody,” Rude Paper want you to know “Wadamean,” Shin Jae says “It Hurts So Bad,”and Super Junior KRY released the PV for “Promise You.”
- MFBTY, the project group of Tiger JK, Tasha, and Bizzy, released the MV for their single “Sweet Dream.”
- Actor So Ji-sub released the MV for “Eraser” the second song released from his new album. The song features the vocals of Mellow and stars Yoo Seung-ho and Park Shin-hye in the MV.
- SPEED released the MV for “Never Say Goodbye.”
- K.Will collaborated with ChaKun of the ElectroBoyz for the song “Even if I Play.”
- K-variety contestants do good: Top Band 2 semi-finalist Transfixion released their latest single “Rock Star,” Show Me the Money finalist ILLTONG released “One’s Footstep” featuring J, Birth of a Great Star 2‘s Eric Nam debuted with “Heaven’s Door.”
- IU and Jo Jung-suk will be starring in a new K-drama for KBS You’re the Best Yi Sun-shin. It’s a weekend drama and will debut in March after the run of My Daughter Seo-young. (Sports Korea)
- LEDApple‘s Han Byul released a cover of Bruno Mars’ “Talking to the Moon” as part of LEDApple’s Music Note series. It was an impressive cover and according to the video not the last they will do with a cover of Big Bang‘s “Love Song” coming up next.
- Park Jin-young, also known as JYP, lost his appeal regarding plagiarism for his song “Someday” which was on the Dream High OST which was brought up by composer Kim Shin-il because it resembled his song “To My Man.” Not only did he lose the appeal, the court upped the amount of money he owed the other party to 56,940,710 won which was over 30,000,000 won more than the original settlement. JYP is expected to appeal the decision to Korea’s Supreme Court. (The Daily Focus)
- The news bodes well for C.N. Blue as soon after they announced a world tour that would go to cities in Asia, Europe, Austalia and North and South America–they also took the #1 spot on Billboard’s World Album chart. Here’s to hoping they’ll also think of visiting “Blue” Hawaii on their tour. (AsiaToday)