Welcome back to Week in Review! Here’s what you need to know going into the weekend:
- Kangin has been fined 7 million won for his second drink driving offence. No word yet on if he gets to keep his license.
- Topp Dogg‘s Jenissi had to apologise after he posted videos online of him drunkenly swearing at fans.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Red Velvet are murderous and marvelous in “Russian Roulette.”
- Mino and Bobby dropped solo releases “Holup” and “Body,” before teaming up as MOBB for “Full House” and “Hit Me.” And if Mino’s “Body” didn’t leave you hot and bothered, there is a more provocative version of the MV waiting in the wings…
- Ga-in is back with the upworthy “Carnival (The Last Day).”
- Japanese DJ Ksuke and f(x)‘s Amber have collaborated to bring us “Breathe Again.”
- Yezi and Babylon also collaborated, on “Chase.”
- Boy group Halo are back with “Mariya.”
- Iron‘s Rock Bottom has officially dropped.
Teasers & Announcements
- I love DIA‘s idea to use other works of children’s literature to hide from J.K.Rowling. Look out for “Mr. Potter” on the 13th.
- Song Ji-eun‘s Bobby Doll will be coming out on the 20th. In the meantime, here is her album highlight medley to tide us over.
- A Pink have been releasing image teasers for 3rd album Pink Revolution, due out on the 23rd.
- Crayon Pop seem to be hitchhiking their way back to a comeback with “Vroom Vroom.”
- The hottest group in K-pop is coming back: check out the MV teaser for 2PM‘s “Promise (I’ll Be).”
- Infinite are making puzzles out of the image teasers for their comeback. Click here to solve them.
- BTS are driving every single Army I know crazy with these Wings short films.
- And let’s not forget Shinee and Got7‘s impending return to K-pop this month!
- Dean may have joined YG‘s The Black Label, run by Teddy and Kush.
- Sistar will be teaming up with Oscar- and Grammy-winning composer Giorgio Moroder for a special single, to be released in early October.
- Queen Sera, formerly of Nine Muses, will also be releasing new music!
- This Wednesday saw the second anniversary of Ladies’ Code member Rise‘s death, following a car accident in 2014. Fellow member EunB‘s anniversary was on the 3rd.
- C-JeS Entertainment believes an apology is owed after their star actress Moon So-ri was misidentified by Mail Online as a woman who tripped and fell on the 73rd Venice Film Festival. The UK outlet failed to correctly identify the actress who did fall, while the Korean article didn’t bother at all.
- Sticking with award shows, and Descendants of the Sun won big at the 11th Seoul Drama Awards. US production Dramaworld was also recognised, but it was The Night Manager that took out both the daesang and the best director award, for Susanne Bier. Well at least that’s some good news for recently Tom Hiddleston this week.