It’s 2014, which means that if you’ve been putting off writing for Seoulbeats, now is as good a time as any to try it out.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
– Writers who are particularly interested in writing about dramas, socio-cultural analysis, TV shows, and fashion.
– Writers who can contribute for at least six months. We do a lot of workshopping and training with potential applicants, so we’re looking for someone who can grow with the team and is serious about improving their writing skills. If you’re in-between jobs or in-between semesters and you just want to do this for funsies, please do not apply. Serious applicants only!
– Applicants who are 18 and above. Sorry, no dice on this one!
WHAT YOU GET:
– One of the most lively and helpful teams ever. You really can’t get a better team than one that ships you with other writers.
– The chance to write about K-pop on a large platform, and the ability to dabble in lots of mediums, whether it’s writing, editing, podcasting, or photojournalism.
– If you’re personally interested in a career in writing, you’ll be able to build your clips portfolio, and you’ll be able to learn from a lot of great mentors. Our writers have been able to use the research and writing they’ve done for Seoulbeats for their professional careers.
– We don’t have a requirement for location since our work is done remotely, but if you’re in the tri-state area or a major city where K-pop artists visit from time-to-time, you may be able to attend concerts on occasion.
If you’re interested in applying, just send us the following two items in an email to amy[at]seoulbeats.com with the subject line “January 2014: [Your name]”:
1) A writing sample. Send us a sample of K-pop writing that you’ve done before. This sample should show us your writing style and your ability to parse K-pop current events. The recommended length is approximately 500-600 words. Please copy and paste the writing sample into the body of your email.
2) Three reasons why you would be a good fit for the team.
If you have applied in the past and wish to apply again, feel welcome to do so!
We’ll be accepting applications until Sunday, January 19 at 11:59PM EST.
Good luck and let us know if you have any questions in the comments section below!
(Images via Vogue Korea, The Celebrity)