Do you want to be an active participant in the K-pop fandom, or have you ever wondered what it’s like to work for a website that covers Korean entertainment? Do you have a lot of opinions about Hallyu that you have been dying to share? Are you good with social media and enjoy sharing K-pop related content? Here is your opportunity to be a part of the Seoulbeats staff!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Writers who are interested in writing about music, dramas, film, variety shows, and socio-cultural topics. We want writers who can contribute at least once a week, for a minimum of six months. We do a lot of workshopping and training with potential applicants, so we’re looking for writers who are open to suggestions and serious about improving their writing skills. We are very flexible and will work around your schedule.
WHAT YOU’ll GET:
- Access to a lively and helpful resource of knowledgeable K-pop fans. Submerge yourself in a team of experts who can foster and develop your knowledge of all things Hallyu. Become a part of a vibrant community of fans who will nurture and challenge your perspectives on K-pop.
- The chance to have your voice and opinions heard on a large platform and receive extensive feedback from not only editors, but also from your peers and, most certainly, netizens.
- Build your resume and portfolio while learning from a lot of great mentors. Our writers have been able to use the work they’ve done for Seoulbeats for their professional careers.
- Seoulbeats is fan-run and not for profit. While we are unable to pay our writers, we do offer extensive mentoring and opportunities to share your work with a wide audience.
- Occasional opportunities to interview artists and attend K-pop events.
If you’re interested in applying for either position (or both), just send us the following items in an email to recruiting[at]seoulbeats.com with the subject line “June 2022: [Your name] [Writing/Social Media]”
- Writing applicants: Please send us a sample of K-pop writing that you’ve done before. This sample should show us your writing style and your ability to parse K-pop current events. The recommended length is approximately 500 words. If you don’t have a prior writing sample, you may write something specifically for this application. Please copy and paste the writing sample into the body of your email.
- All applicants: List three reasons why you would be a good fit for the team.
If you have applied in the past and wish to apply again, you are more than welcome to do so!
We’ll be accepting applications until Sunday, June 19 at 11:59 PM EST.
Best of luck to all applicants and feel free to ask any questions in the comments or in the body of your application email.
(Images via Big Hit Entertainment, Banana Culture)