Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- Kim Kwang-soo (MBK Entertainment) and Park Hyu-hyeon (PocketDol Studio) were each fined ten million won for their part in the Produce 101 vote rigging scandal.
- The Show will be looking for a better way to count app voting/ pre voting after concerns were raised about the fairness of winner calculations on the show.
- 2AM‘s Seulong was ordered to pay a fine for his part in the car accident last year that resulted in the death of a jaywalker.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Yunho returned with Noir and the cinematic MV for “Thank U.”
- The B-side “Eenie Meenie” featuring Seulgi (Red Velvet) will also be getting an MV on January 25.
- Epik High made a powerful return with Epik High is Here: Part 1 and two MVs for “Rosario” and “Based on a True Story.” Be sure to check out our reviews!
- AB6IX‘s “Stay Young” was sweet, but a little underwhelming for our reviewer.
- Our writer thought that Oneus‘ “No Diggity” showed off the group’s strengths.
- Cravity returned with “My Turn.” Our reviewer found it confident, but lacking in distinctive character.
- Berry Good‘s “Time for Me” offered an optimistic outlook.
- Cherry Bullet‘s “Love So Sweet” was appropriately bubblegum poppy.
- Keeping with the sugary theme, Pink Fantasy released “Lemon Candy.”
- Chungha‘s “X” showed off a more emotional side.
- Saturday sang a song for “Only You.”
- Victon released a special video for “Flip a Coin.”
- Suzy shared a performance of “Oh, Lover” as part of the build-up for her upcoming 10th anniversary online concert.
Teasers & Announcements
- Golden Child shared two teaser versions for their January 25 MV for “Burn It.”
- Baekhyun (Exo), Changmo, and Raiden will be coming together with League of Legends and T1 for “Runner.” The track will be out on January 26.
- Dreamcatcher will also return with “Odd Eye” on the 26th.
- The next installment in Kyuhyun‘s 2021 Project, “Moving On” will be released on January 26.
- The concept teaser is out for IU ‘s pre-release “Celebrity.”
- Teasers have begun to drop for Hyuna‘s Not Cool, due out on January 28.
- Kim Wooseok‘s “Tasty” will drop on February 8.
- Mark (Got7) will release “One in a Million” in collaboration with Sanjoy to celebrate one million subscribers on his YouTube channel. The song will drop on February 12.
- LE will help Shinsadong Tiger co-produce upcoming girl group Tri.be‘s debut album.
- Monsta X‘s I.M. will be releasing a solo single sometime in February.
- The Got7 members have begun to sign with new agencies. Youngjae and Jackson have signed with Sublime Artists Agency.
- Cheetah and Nam Yeon-woo ended their relationship.
- Park Si-yeon was caught drunk driving. She and her agency have both released apologies.
- Conflict is brewing between CJ E&M and n.CH over the management of Too. CJ E&M claims they began to manage the group fully after August 2020 when they were unable to come to an agreement with n.CH over contract benefits.
- Wheesung admitted to using Propofol.