Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- Director Kim Ki-duk passed away from complications due to Covid 19. While the director had a much acclaimed legacy in cinema, in 2017 he was accused of violence against female actresses and sexual exploitations on his sets. For the charges of violence, he was forced to pay a fine and the sexual assault accusations were dismissed. His attempts to sue for defamation were equally unsuccessful. Since, he has spent his time mostly in Europe, where he passed away.
- BTS was named Time Magazine’s Entertainer of the Year.
- The MAMAs took place last weekend — you can read our wrap-up here. Following the ceremony, accusations surfaced of unfair treatment of idols vs the actors presenters. Mnet has denied the claims.
- Chungha has tested positive for Covid 19. She is self-isolating and monitoring her condition.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Iz One chose style over substance in the MV for “Panorama.” Be sure to check out our review!
- The Boyz created a very high school holiday party in “Christmassy.”
- Jun. K‘s “30 Minutes Isn’t Enough” toed the line between Misery and love. Look forward to our review!
- Baek Yerin‘s “1415” was a cinematic experience. Our reviewer will break it all down for you soon!
- Onewe‘s “A Book in Memory” was simple and heartfelt. Our review will be out soon.
- Rad Museum tackled the feeling of isolation and apathy in “Wet Umbrella/ This Night.”
- Jamie didn’t want to be alone for Christmas in “Five Things.”
Teasers & Announcements
- Miso‘s EP Metanoia is due out on December 14.
- Taeyeon is teasing a variety of aesthetics for What Do I Call You, also set for release on the 14th.
- Lee Hi and Crush will be gifting us a Christmas present in the form of the single, “For You” on December 16.
- Jang Hyunseung (former Highlight member) will drop the digital single, “I Want to Warm Your Cold Hands” on December 17.
- G Idle will return in January.
- Former Show Me the Money contestant, Iron has been arrested with charges of assaulting a minor. The minor in question was a student of his who he punished by hitting with a baseball bat on the legs.
- Former ILUV member Minah is likely to be charged with defamation of her members and company following her accusations of bullying in July.
- A number of women testified this week that they engaged in prostitution at Seungri‘s home. His friend also testified for Seungri regarding charges of mediating prostitution.