Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- The Seoul Eastern District Court fined Park Kyung for his now infamous tweets calling out sajaegi and accused and named multiple artists.
- FENT Entertainment released an apology regarding an incident that occurred during a Fanatic live stream. In the video, a male voice is heard off camera berating another staff member for trying to help the Fanatic members cover up their exposed legs on camera.
- The KCSC decided to fine Mnet 30 million won per season of Produce 101 that was impacted by vote rigging. The specific episodes/votes that were impacted were also revealed.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Astro‘s Moonbin & Sanha made their unit debut with “In-Out” and the mini, Bad Idea. Check out our reviews for each!
- Stray Kids returned with “Back Door.” Our reviewer found it to be their most refined release yet.
- VAV came back with “Made for Two” and a mini of the same name. Our review is on its way!
- fromis 9’s My Little Society wasn’t the most memorable for our reviewer, but the MV for “Feel Good” suited the group quite well.
- KNK made a long awaited return with “Ride.”
- Treasure declared “I Love You” in their latest.
- Suga featured on Max‘s “Blueberry Eyes.”
Teasers & Announcements
- Cignature dropped the MV teaser for “Arisong” as well as a slew of individual member teasers leading up to their September 22 return with Listen and Speak.
- BDC will return with their new mini, The Intersection: Belief on September 23.
- Ghost9 are sharing individual member “visual films” ahead of their September 23 debut.
- Up10tion are ready to Light Up with their latest mini, out on September 24.
- SuperM will become Super One on September 25. The member teasers promise a lot of color.
- Haseul will not be participating in Loona‘s October 19 comeback with 12:00.
- JYP and SBS are teaming up for something LOUD.
- Pentagon‘s Yan An teased his return from hiatus in the short video “I’ve Been Keeping an Eye on You.”
- NCT (2020), B1A4, Pentagon, TXT, and Seventeen should be back in October! No official dates have been announced.
- MBC is producing a Coffee Prince reunion-esque documentary.
- To celebrate her twelfth debut anniversary, IU donated 50 million won to KUMFA (Korean Unwed Mothers’ Family Association).
- RM also celebrated his birthday by donating 100 million won to the National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art.
- Supernova members Yoon Hak and Sungje were caught and fined for illegal gambling in the Philippines. SV Entertainment issued an apology, saying the members are deeply regretful.
- Actress Oh In-hye passed away on September 15. Our condolences to her loved ones and fans.