Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review. Here’s all the news you might have missed over the past week:
- After Park Kyung started the conversation about chart manipulation and sajaegi last year, he has been forwarded to prosecution for his accusations. The police stated that the idol had been charged for defamation by spreading false information.
- Cube‘s co-founder Hong Seung-sung has come forward to back the idol up. The latter mentions that viral marketing is often used as an excuse to ramp up sales or manipulate charts.
- In 2017, there had been two imposters posting as SM Entertainment executives and committed a fraud that involved a few hundred million won. They had forged documents and received a hefty downpayment for committing Exo to perform at an event. They have been caught and have been sentenced to prison. One of the fraudsters has been sentenced to two years, and the other to a year.
- TST‘s Yohan passed away on June 16. We offer our condolences to his family, friends, and group members.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Iz One tell the “Secret Story of the Swan“. Read our MV review here!
- Stray Kids claimed their songs were meant to be on “God’s Menu” for their first album. See what our writer had to say about the MV.
- Following the release of Awaken The World, WayV released a second MV for the Korean version of “Turn Back Time“.
- Bandage were sentimental in “Coloring the Life“.
- Weki Meki mischievously claimed “Oopsy” in their music video.
- Cravity took their audience to “Cloud 9” with their latest release.
Teasers & Announcements
- Seventeen drops their 7th mini-album, Heng:garae, on Jun 22.
- Super Junior M‘s Zhoumi and Ryeowook will be teaming up for the Jun 22 release of “Starry Night“.
- Golden Child returns with “One (Lucid Dream)” on Jun 23.
- A.C.E. continues to release individual member teasers for “Stand By You“, out on Jun 24.
- Black Pink makes a much-awaited comeback with the pre-release track, “How You Like That“, on Jun 26.
- Sunmi released Instagram and Facebook stickers to generate some excitement for “pporappippam“, due on Jun 29.
- Mamamoo‘s Hwasa will be releasing her first mini-album Maria on Jun 29.
- CIX continues to tease the Jun 30 release of Chapter 3: Hello, Strange Time.
- Lee Jinhyuk drops Splash! on Jun 30.
- MNet will be hosting KCON:TACT 2020, an online event that will run from Jun 20 to Jun 26. The event boasts a long line-up of artists, with a combination of free and paid content.