Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- People’s Party candidate Kim Geun-tae accused a number of artists, including Highlight‘s Lee Gi-kwang, Bol4, GWSN and more, of engaging in sajaegi through a marketing company. The agencies of some of the artists named have denied the accusations, threatened to sue for defamation and/or demanded an apology.
- The Korea Entertainment Management Association has spoken up in favor of Lee Gi-kwang.
- In November 2019, then TRCNG members Wooyeop and Taeseon had filed criminal charges for child abuse against staff of their agency, TS Entertainment. While TS, now infamous for its many legal disputes with its artists, denied the claims, three of its staff members have been forwarded to the Seoul Central District Prosecutors’ Office on recommendation of indictment without detention.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Apink‘s heart went “Dumhdurum” in their latest comeback. Read our review here.
- Starship Entertainment‘s newest boy group consisting of former X1 members Kang Min-hee and Song Hyeong-jun debuted with “Break All The Rules“. Our writer reviewed their debut here.
- Changmin shared an MV for the track “Me, Myself & I” off of his latest solo mini album.
- A.C.E’s Jun, Donghun, and Chan collaborated with Hong Chang-woo in “First Love“.
- Zelo, formerly of B.A.P, is all grown up in his latest release, “She and Malibu”, which leads his new mini album, Day2Day.
- Monsta X surprised with an MV for “You Can’t Hold My Heart“, a song off of their February 2020 English language album.
Teasers & Announcements
- Got7 have ramped up promotions with MV teasers for “Not By The Mood”, an album spoiler preview and monograph for Dye, scheduled for release on April 20.
- BVNDT shared an MV teaser for pre-release single “Children” out on April 20.
- H&D, comprising of former X1 members, Lee Han-gyul and Nam Do-hyun is ready to debut with Soulmate on April 21.
- April shared unit teasers ahead of the release of their new mini album, Da Capo, on April 22.
- Solar released fierce teasers, including one where she sports a bald look, in anticipation of her first solo album, Spit It Out, to be released on April 23.
- Oh My Girl announced a comeback with mini album, Nonstop, scheduled for April 27.
- GWSN announced their return with a new mini album, The Keys. The comeback is scheduled for April 28.
- The six present members of NCT Dream will release a new album, Reload, on April 29. SM Entertainment further announced that pursuant to the release, NCT Dream will promote as a fixed unit with its original seven member line-up, including Mark. None of the members will graduate from the NCT sub-unit.
- Monsta X return on May 11 with mini album, Fantasia X.
- Nu’est will also make a comeback on May 11.
- Astro released a grand teaser film titled “Identity film: Wanna Be Your Star“. The boygroup will be making a comeback sometime in May.