Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review. Here’s all the news you might have missed over the past week:
- In what seems to be the final round of updates on the East Light‘s child abuse case:
- The court rejected appeals from both the prosecution and defense.
- In July, Media Line Entertainment‘s producer, Moon Young-il had been sentenced to two years of jail-time on the account of abusing two former East Light members: Lee Seok-cheol and Lee Seung-hyun. CEO Kim Chang-hwan had been sentenced to eight months.
- Although the prosecution appealed for a longer jail sentence and Kim for a shorter sentence, both were denied.
- However, on the account that Moon had shown no similar incidents and had kept his distance from the victims over the past year, his sentence has been reduced to a year and four months.
- The defendants involved in Produce 101‘s case have admitted to most of the charges, which include: charges of obstruction of business, fraud, and violations of the Improper Solicitation and Graft Act with bribery.
- A request has been made by the defense lawyer to keep the trial a closed one so that the identities of the involved trainees can be protected, especially as the trainees involved themselves have no idea whose rankings have been manipulated.
- TS Entertainment has filed a damage suit against former label artist Sleepy.
- After a request to end his contract, Sleepy had left the company on grounds of low pay, citing that his dorm conditions were so poor that he did not have access to water or electricity at times.
- In response to this, TS has filed a counter damage suit, claiming that Sleepy kept social media and TV appearance fees to himself even though a share had to go to the company.
Debuts & Comebacks
- BoA and Crush shone in “Starry Night“.
- Having released a music video for every track, CL finally released her final music video along with the album, In The Name Of Love.
- Mamamoo‘s Moonbyul returned with “Snow” this winter.
- Monsta X and Sebastian Yatra were “Magnetic” in their Latin-pop collaboration.
- Vixx‘s Hyuk released a comforting track perfect for the season: “Winter Butterfly“.
- Park Bogum wished his fans a “Happy Merry Christmas” in his digital single release.
- Vinxen was feeling “Empty” in his collaboration with Haon.
- Se.A sang how she just wanted love in her video for “U“.
Teasers & Announcements
- Red Velvet continue to tease their fans for their Dec 21 release of “Psycho”.
- BTOB’s Sungjae will be returning with 3 X 2 = 6 Part 1 on Dec 26.
(YouTube. Naver:   . Twitter:  . Images Via: SM Entertainment, Cube Entertainment)