Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- Despite the exciting release of their Follow: Find You album, it was a rough week for Monsta X.
- Troubles began when Jung Da-eun shared a post on Instagram asking Wonho when he would pay back the money he’s owed her since they worked together prior to Monsta X’s debut. Han Seohee quickly commented on the Instagram post and shared that the owed debt was 30 million won. Initially, Starship threatened to sue for defamation, but as more details came out Wonho officially left Monsta X, and shared a handwritten letter of apology to his fans.
- However, it didn’t end there as Jung Da-eun also released information of Wonho’s suspected time in juvenile detention as well as marijuana use back in 2013. Reportedly, Wonho was investigated again this year in September and even submitted a hair sample to Seoul police for drug testing. As a result, Starship officially terminated Wonho’s contract with the company –without confirming or denying the rumors.
- Shownu also came under fire for an alleged affair with a married woman. Han Seo-hee shared a screenshot of a conversation between the woman’s husband and Jung Da-eun. Starship clarified that Shownu was unaware that the woman was married, and immediately ended the relationship upon the realization.
- For the time being, Monsta X fansigns and promotions have been put on hold.
- Stray Kids fans were also shocked with the sudden news of Woojin‘s departure from the group. As such the group’s comeback will be pushed back to December. JYP did not provide any additional details.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Check out this week’s releases in the playlist above!
- Monsta X‘s comeback was a little overshadowed this week, but the MV for “Follow” is definitely worth a watch.
- A.C.E. went hard for “Savage.”
- Taeyeon came back with a bang in “Spark.”
- BEG returned after four years with not just one, but two new MVs. Which cover MV did you prefer: “Wonder Woman” or “Abandoned“?
- Jessi‘s “Drip” ft Jay Park, is exactly what you expect it to be, and that’s not necessarily a bad thing.
- WayV vowed to Take Over the Moon in the epic MV for “Moonwalk.”
- IU‘s pre-release track “Love Poem,” achieved a certified all-kill on the charts. The full album will be out soon.
- Hinapia also debuted with their own “Drip” on November 3.
Teasers & Announcements
- G-Idle will release a full MV for their Queendom track “Lion,” on November 4.
- Part 2 of Zico‘s THINKING album will be released on November 8. What are your thoughts on the animated preview MV for “Balloon“?
- One will be back with his first post-YG album on November 11. He shared the tracklist through Instagram.
- Iz One will also return on the 11th with their first full album, BloomIZ.
- Mamamoo‘s second full album Reality in Black will be out on November 14.
- Image teasers have begun to drop for WJSN’s upcoming mini, As You Wish.
- CIX shared the comeback schedule for Hello Chapter 2. Hello, Strange Place.
- Exo‘s sixth full album Obsession is scheduled for a November 27 release.
- It looks like Rainbow might briefly reunite to celebrate the group’s 10th anniversary.
- Minzy reportedly filed to terminate her contract with Music Works, though no official news has been released.
- Hong Jin-young established her own agency, IMH Entertainment.
- Former Crayon Pop member Ellin issued an apology on her Afreeca TV channel following reports that she mislead a male follower into giving her over 1 billion won in gifts and donations. The follower in question says Ellin lead him into thinking they would date, Ellin maintains they had a strictly close subscriber/creator relationship.