Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- On September 27, the Seoul Central District Prosecutors’ Office raided the National Police Agency to find evidence of Superintendent Yoon‘s involvement with the ongoing investigation into Burning Sun. Yoon is alleged to have tipped off Seungri‘s business partner, Yoo In-seok, about a police crackdown on the club.
- TS Entertainment, infamous for not paying its artists (refer: legal disputes with B.A.P, Secret‘s Jun Hyosung and Song Ji-eun, Sonamoo‘s Nahyun and Sumin, rapper Sleepy) has also allegedly not been paying its employees. The company was reported to the Seoul’s Ministry of Employment and Labor, and the case was revealed to have been forward to the prosecution. Seems like only the lawyers get paid at TS.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Twice made a breakthrough with with their latest mini-album Feel Special, led by a title track of the same name. Check out our review of the “Feel Special” MV.
- The first artist to release music under Psy‘s agency P Nation, Jessi was too good to bother with haters in “Who Dat B“.
- Got7‘s Jackson sang about a “Bullet to the Heart” in a new solo release.
- AkMu made their much anticipated return with Sailing led by “How can I love the heartbreak? You’re the one I love“. Our review of the album can be found here.
- Jessica dropped a romantic single “Call Me Before You Sleep” ft. Giriboy.
- BTS‘s j-hope collaborated with American artist Becky G on “Chicken Noodle Soup“.
Teasers & Announcements
- Oneus shared the MV teaser for title track “Lit” and various clip teasers, the track list and a highlight medley for their 3rd mini album Fly With Us ahead of their September 30 comeback.
- Exo‘s Chen shared a highlight medley and an MV teaser for “Shall We?” in the lead up to his solo comeback on October 1.
- Block B‘s B-Bomb announced the release of a single “Finale” on October 4, ahead of his military enlistment.
- Super M released a group trailer introducing the members and a powerful performance video featuring Ten, Taemin and Kai, ahead of the group’s October 4 debut.
- Also returning on October 4 is H.O.T‘s Jang Woo-hyuk with a new single.
- Ab6ix have begun promotions with the release of concept photos, ahead of their first comeback 6ixense on October 7.
- Ateez released individual member teaser images and the track list for their upcoming album, Treasure Ep. Fin: All To Action, scheduled for release on October 8.
- October 8 will also see the solo debut of Lovelyz‘ Kei under her real name, Kim Ji-yeon, with a mini album titled Over and Over.
- Ladies’ Code dropped a spoiler trailer with morse code clues to a comeback scheduled for October 10.
- Jung Daehyun, formerly of B.A.P, will be making his first solo comeback with a single album Aight on October 11. This is his first release since signing with a new agency.
- Super Junior released a lyric video for “The Crown” in anticipation of their October 14 return.
- BTOB‘s Hyunsik will be releasing his first solo album Rendez-vous on October 14.
- CIX will be releasing a Japanese album with a new song on October 23, and making a Korean comeback in November.
- Monsta X announced a mini album Follow: Find You coming soon.
- N.Flying also look set to make an October comeback.
- After rumors spread, Kakao M confirmed that IU is planning to make a comeback soon.
- Brown Eyed Girls will also reportedly be making their first comeback in four years, this October.
- Mnet‘s girl group battle program Queendom was swept up in controversy after it was reported that the show did not provide monetary support for the starring artists’ performance preparations. Mnet has denied the reports.
- Ahn Jae-hyun was revealed to have filed for divorce, in a statement made by Ku Hye-sun‘s lawyers.
- Looks like Kang Daniel‘s legal troubles are finally over. His present agency, Konnect, and former agency, LM Entertainment, both announced that the exclusive contract between LM and Kang has been terminated, thus closing the dispute.
- H.O.T’s Jang Woo-hyuk has been cleared of allegations concerning trade mark rights violation.
(Chosun, Daum      , Instagram, KBS World, Naver  , Twitter   , YouTube  ; Images via Konnect, RBW.)