Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review! Here’s all the news you might have missed:
- The Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency recommended a non-indictment for Yang Hyun-suk, citing lack of evidence in accusations of mediating prostitution. The National Tax Service, on the other hand, charged Yang and YG an additional 6 billion won in taxes.
- As company stock prices continue to fall, it is also likely that YG will have to return over 60 billion won worth of investment to LVMH Moët Hennessy.
- Accusations of NCT Taeyong‘s involvement in school bullying back in 2009 resurfaced this week. SM released a statement saying that they checked with school records, and could find no confirmation of his involvement in the bullying incident. However, they did mention that Taeyong is deeply sorry for his regrettable actions in the past.
- B.I admitted to some suspicions of violating the Act on the Control of Narcotics, Etc. and his case will likely be forwarded to prosecution soon.
Debuts & Comebacks
- Check out all this week’s releases in the playlist above!
- “Fear” painted Seventeen‘s darkest fears. An Ode also proved to be a risk that paid off for the group.
- Dream Catcher brought King’s Raid to life in the fantastical MV for ” Déjà vu.” While the MV impressed our reviewer, the album felt like more of the same.
- Teen Teen debuted with “It’s on You.” Our MV review will be out soon!
- Laboum slowed things down for “Firework.” Both MV and album reviews are on the way.
- Co-ed group K-Tigers officially debuted with the Cha Cha Malone produced track “Now” and the MV for “Side Kick.”
- Babylon and Suzy came together for the special track, “Out of Breath.”
- KARD came back with a bang in “Dumb Litty.”
Teasers & Announcements
- The highlight medley is out for Twice‘s Feel Special.
- Akdong Musician shared an acoustic preview of “Sailing” in the lead up to their September 25 comeback.
- Oneus‘ newest MV spoiler promises a lot of action.
- Jessica will be back with a surprise collaborator on September 26.
- The Super M individual member teasers came to a conclusion with Taemin. Do you have any theories leading up to the group’s October 4 debut?
- AB6IX shared the schedule for their October 5 6ixense comeback.
- Nu’est will make a comeback on October 21. Pledis will release full comeback details soon!
- Ateez are also preparing for a new “journey” in October.
- BTOB‘s Hyunsik is gearing up for an October debut.
- After requesting a contract termination back in August, Hong Jin-young and her agency Music K Entertainment have reached an amicable agreement. The singer withdrew her request on September 19.
- Big Hit quickly denied BTS Jungkook‘s dating rumors after CCTV footage of him hugging a female friend surfaced online.
- Following the end of her contract, Baek A Yeon has parted ways with JYP.
- Sleepy is the latest artist to jump ship from TS Entertainment.
- Hyuna fell into controversy after reportedly raising her skirt during a performance at a college festival.