Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review. Here’s all the news you might have missed over the past week:
- Burning Sun CEO Lee Moon-Ho received a suspended sentence for habitual drug usage. Instead of the original 30-month prison sentence demanded by the prosecution, The CEO is set to serve a 18-month prison sentence, with 3 years of probation and 200 hours of community service.
Debuts & Comebacks
- The ladies of Red Velvet craved the summer sun in “Umpah Umpah“.
- Viini made his solo debut with “Genie“. Check out our review here!
- Up10tion drew fans in with “Your Gravity“.
- Everglow debuted with a beat-heavy chorus for “Adios“.
- The Boyz returned with D. D. D.
- A-pink‘s Hayoung had her solo debut with “Don’t Make Me Laugh“.
- Kim Kookheon and Song Yuvin made their debut as a duo with “Blurry“.
- The members of IZ reminisced over their “Final Kiss” in their latest video.
Teasers & Announcements
- 15&‘s Jimin is gearing up for her Aug 26 release, “Stay Beautiful“.
- Sunmi released a message teaser for Lalalay, which drops Aug 27.
- BTOB‘s Peniel shared a set of teaser photos for “Flip”, featuring a collaboration with Beenzino.
- X1 — a Produce X 101 group — released a teaser for “Flash”, which is out on Aug 27.
- Crush will be releasing “Nappa” on Aug 28.
- Longguo previewed his second mini-album with a track medley. Mono Diary releases on Aug 29.
- SM continues to tease their new collaboration group, SuperM, with rehearsal videos.
- Anticipated war film, Battle of Jangsari, has revealed two posters ahead of its Sept 25 release. The movie stars Shinee‘s Minho, Megan Fox, Kim Myung-min, Kwang Si-yak, Kim Sung-chul, and Lee Jae-wook, amongst others.
- Due to the members of TXT catching conjunctivitis, their upcoming album release has been delayed from August to September.
- Infinite‘s L has announced his departure from Woollim Entertainment.
- Myteen has announced their disbandment.
- Big Hit Entertainment had their own version of a Keynote speech, in which they mentioned the following:
- The company has acquired the music-game company Superb.
- There will be a BTS-based drama revolving around around their The Most Beautiful Moment in Life storyline. The characters of BTS will not be played by the members of the group, but instead by other actors in the drama industry.
- Extending the system from just Korean concerts and fan-meets, Big Hit will be implementing the lottery/raffle-system of ticketing worldwide.
- There’ll be a joint audition held by Big Hit and Source Entertainment for a new girl group.